Baylen Buchanan: "We feed off this type energy"

They are trying to win, they want to win. As long as we don’t give up on them, they will keep fighting and get better.

We are at the point in our program that it’s going to take everyone, fans included with our support and energy at the games to get Tennessee back.

The kids, coaches and recruits need us. Together we all can turn it around.
Because we are...TENNESSEE!
GBO!!

Lol in others words, “please come to the games!”

If you need the crowd to get up to play major college football you are probably not doing it because you love it and probably not the type of player who is worth a damn anyways.

My 10 year old is absolutely hyped to play in the back yard against neighborhood kids just as much as he is on saturday morning for games.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Maybe...but there's also more than a good chance they've said to the players, "if you're going to put stuff out there on social media, do it in a way that builds support and not creating negativity or undue controversial tweets." Either way, I'm good with it. Shows good management if they're directing some of this, or if they're not, it shows the players appreciate Vol nation support. If I'm a normal person, playing for the Vols and putting most every waking hour into winning football games, but not panning out right now, I feel disappointed for myself, my team, and my fans, so I think is why we're seeing tweets of appreciation and to stick with them. What's the problem with that?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Some just can’t stop with criticizing the on field performance, we have to criticize tweets as well. We didn’t like it when players basically told us to gtfo, and we don’t like it when they ask for support. Speaking of nutty fan bases, did anyone else see the quote from the former Mizzou player?
GBO!!

If you need the crowd to get up to play major college football you are probably not doing it because you love it and probably not the type of player who is worth a damn anyways.

My 10 year old is absolutely hyped to play in the back yard against neighborhood kids just as much as he is on saturday morning for games.
I get what you’re saying but, how hyped would he be if his friends were 6’4”, 285 lbs, running a 4.6 and closing in on him like an out of control freight train?
GBO!!

Pretty sure he’s NOT saying they need the crowd to ‘get up’ for a game. Also, if you don’t believe that a full and rowdy Neyland doesn’t energize the players then there’s no hope for you.

Reactions: GBOx2 and Behr
Pathetic he wants people to come to the game.

When I was 10, I got hyped playing cowboys and Indians. And farting in my brothers face.

Reactions: I40flyer
Yeah, well. I got tired of Tennessee football "feeding off" of my wallet! I can only pour so much of my hard-earned money into this without getting a return on my investment.

Reactions: I40flyer
I just went to Baylen Buchnan's tweets-among some of the most racist, poorly written, hateful tweets, RE-tweets you'll find anywhere. They don't even seem to have the same author as the tweet in this post. I will not quote any of them, but if in doubt-check it out.

I’ve seen players on the field feed off the crowd.

Sometimes that little bump of adrenaline that a crowd going bananas at the right moment can be the difference in a ballgame. Have you even seen or heard something that gives you that bump? In the moment of truth in a close ballgame it can make a difference.

There are 5 wins left on our schedule. That will get us to the 6 needed to get a bowl. That’s what this team needs. More practice.

The crowd that does show up (not near as big as it should be) will be amped and loud.

To fill the stadium back up, just start winning games. That will get everything back like we all want it quicker than anything.

All but one game left on the schedule is winnable. It starts this Saturday!

They aren’t, everyone is wanting to win. Everyone is trying to win. These kids hear from media & some of our crazy fans how bad they are and how everyone needs to be gone.

For them to see the support that the ones that showed up Saturday had for them. That gave them hope in us and their selfs.

Don’t forget these are 18-20 year olds we have.
Positive reinforcement is what they need at this point in our program.
You think they dont know how bad they are until they hear it from media or " crazy fans?" I mean the can see the score board. JG heard how bad he was during the game when he entered.
It's weird you mentioned positive reinforcement, but most fans really like seeing pruitt yelling in their faces and kicking things. PR is usually mocked, see CPF clapping after a mistake.
It did seem coordinated to me as well. You have a 29 point loss and a player getting booed going in the game. Then immediately after you have slew of these from players and coaches. Good on them for trying to control the message. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but it does seem coordinated.

You shouldn’t need the crowd’s help to perform better on defense.

You shouldn’t need the crowd’s help to perform better on defense.
Tha crowd doesn’t make you better at your position or make you execute better. What it DOES do is give you a ‘shot of adrenaline’ when you need it.

We are well into Gen Z.

Well, bust my buttons. "Millennials" would suggest to me someone born at or around the turn of the millennium, i.e. today's college kids. Au contraire! A quick internet search reveals that the term, "Millennials" applies to those born 1981-1996, which makes absolutely no sense. Gen-Z it is. Though I must confess, Gen-Z makes me thinks of low-budget zombie flicks.

Reactions: SalVolinus
Not that its an issue per se, but these tweets definitely have a coordinated feel to them.

At least the UTAD is showing awareness that the fans need attention too.

I have a hard time believing the UTAD is also coordinating with a Clemson fan. A Clemson fan is the one who posted this and commented on the experience of Neyland Stadium. This is all around a very good thing

VN Store

Back