Baylen Buchanan: "We feed off this type energy"

The fans have been there...fired up. The support has been there. For over a decade of crap.

This "coordinated" PR stunt, IF that is what this is, seems a desperation move.

Reactions: NEO
The fans have been there...fired up. The support has been there. For over a decade of crap.

This "coordinated" PR stunt, IF that is what this is, seems a desperation move.

So. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The players who play aren't quitting. I will back them. Yes...it has been a decade of crap, but I'd rather be a vol with a decade of crap than anybody else with a decade of diamonds. In the meantime, Three Rivers Market in Knoxville has wonderful breakfast burritos.

Reactions: vols1707
They are trying to win, they want to win. As long as we don’t give up on them, they will keep fighting and get better.

We are at the point in our program that it’s going to take everyone, fans included with our support and energy at the games to get Tennessee back.

The kids, coaches and recruits need us. Together we all can turn it around.
I agree with the kids statement but the coaches are getting paid very well. If I preformed in my job like they have I would be fired period. GA ST will always be a huge embarrassment there is to much talent on this roster to lose to vandy or GA St granted not loaded but more than they have our staff was simply out coached and unprepared.

Reactions: I40flyer
They are trying to win, they want to win. As long as we don’t give up on them, they will keep fighting and get better.

We are at the point in our program that it’s going to take everyone, fans included with our support and energy at the games to get Tennessee back.

The kids, coaches and recruits need us. Together we all can turn it around.

That's just it. The left wingers don't want it turned around. All they want to do is to create turmoil. Those type of people feed off of negative stuff.

Fans showing up and cheering is our part. This is what the recruits see. This helps motivate the players to dig a little deeper. What’s not our part is bitching and complaining every week when we don’t get our way. Or booing 18-22 yr olds because they didn’t win. Last time I checked there are about 100 or so practicing and get trucked every week and getting injured to try and appease our so called fans!

Support the the team, coaches and administration or GTFO!

Reactions: GBOx2 and vols1707
While I agree these tweets and mentions at the fans are being coordinated, no one can deny that it will be nothing but positive for our boys. These are kids out there, and seeing a packed crowd full of screaming fans after the terrible start to the season has to light a fire. Anyone who has played football before knows that the losses weigh on the players harder than anyone else, so I promise it's not just us as Vol fans suffering. These guys want to win and they're trying to learn how. It isn't easy and they need our support. While it is frustrating to watch at times (and I'll admit I wanted to give up after the BYU loss) we have to keep supporting these guys. They showed fire against Georgia. There was a distinct spark shown. We as the fans can either help make that spark into something more or we can crush it out. It's perfectly rational to want to give up Tennessee, anyone who's watched football the last decade can agree with that. But being irrational sounds pretty good to me right now, and because of that I'll be cheering these boys louder than ever in Neyland this Saturday.

I get what you're saying, but we must remember two things:

1. Fans showing up and cheering might make players "fell better" and "fired up" but it wont make them actual better football players. Coaches and practice along with intense discipline do that. We have to live with the fact that no matter what, our team may not be good enough to win in the SEC period. should we try to support honest effort, yep. Should we allow lack of fan support to be a scapegoat for players giving up and not trying to better themselves? Nope.

2. These players all have an eye on professional football. Getting better/stronger/faster/more disciplined should be in their DNA from the beginning of their football careers. They don't and shouldn't need fan support to want to get better and play in the NFL. again, it may "feel nice" but its not needed if these kids truly have ambition.

If I preformed in my job like they have I would be fired period.

So your job depends on the ~80 teenagers who are under your supervision do everything you tell them to do? Added bonus for you is that unless you are at a rival university your kids are solely focused on doing their JOB. These kids are still STUDENT-athletes. When they aren't in the classroom they are busting their butts to turn this football program back around...oh yeah and learning how to live on their own without mom & dad around.

IMO, from a human resources perspective. Coaches are some of the craziest people around for basing their livelihoods on the performance of kids playing sports. Our current coaches, in particular, came to a historically strong program that was in shambles. There is no quick fix for the situation, it will just take time. If we fire the current coaching staff it will take even longer.

Fans showing up and cheering is our part. This is what the recruits see. This helps motivate the players to dig a little deeper. What’s not our part is bitching and complaining every week when we don’t get our way. Or booing 18-22 yr olds because they didn’t win. Last time I checked there are about 100 or so practicing and get trucked every week and getting injured to try and appease our so called fans!

Support the the team, coaches and administration or GTFO!

Yeah how many stadiums get checkered?

How many stadiums still get 80k plus after 19 years of crap?

The fans are not the issue. The AD is the issue.

They are the ones who handed the fans four straight BS coaches.

Reactions: The Tall Gguy
We can beat MsSt, and don't forget, we can beat Vandy! That'll be sweet enough at this point!

We can beat MsSt, and don't forget, we can beat Vandy! That'll be sweet enough at this point!

I swear (not literally) I want Tennessee to beat Vandy more than any game left on the schedule.

Even if Tennessee was 1-10 coming into Vandy.......if they could just beat Vandy I could be happy for a day. Now don’t get me wrong I’ll be ticked at a 2-10 season, and come Sunday I’ll be posting my anger.......but I want to see a Vandy win so bad.

Vandy looks real bad so that gives me some hope.

Reactions: I40flyer
I swear (not literally) I want Tennessee to beat Vandy more than any game left on the schedule.

Even if Tennessee was 1-10 coming into Vandy.......if they could just beat Vandy I could be happy for a day. Now don’t get me wrong I’ll be ticked at a 2-10 season, and come Sunday I’ll be posting my anger.......but I want to see a Vandy win so bad.

Vandy looks real bad so that gives me some hope.
I am with you! Refresh my memory, how much time has gone by? I know we've beaten Vandy, when was the last time?

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back