Baylen Buchanan: "We feed off this type energy"

They are trying to win, they want to win. As long as we don’t give up on them, they will keep fighting and get better.

We are at the point in our program that it’s going to take everyone, fans included with our support and energy at the games to get Tennessee back.

The kids, coaches and recruits need us. Together we all can turn it around.

Not that its an issue per se, but these tweets definitely have a coordinated feel to them.

At least the UTAD is showing awareness that the fans need attention too.

They aren’t, everyone is wanting to win. Everyone is trying to win. These kids hear from media & some of our crazy fans how bad they are and how everyone needs to be gone.

For them to see the support that the ones that showed up Saturday had for them. That gave them hope in us and their selfs.

Don’t forget these are 18-20 year olds we have.
Positive reinforcement is what they need at this point in our program.

Yes, I agree. But the tweets themselves seem to have a coordinated feel and theme.

Like I said, its not a bad thing. It shows that the UTAD is finally realizing that it could eventually lose the fans and is trying to keep them engaged.

Yes, I agree. But the tweets themselves seem to have a coordinated feel and theme.

Like I said, its not a bad thing. It shows that the UTAD is finally realizing that it could eventually lose the fans and is trying to keep them engaged.
Probably Fulmer's advice to Pruitt......

They aren’t, everyone is wanting to win. Everyone is trying to win. These kids hear from media & some of our crazy fans how bad they are and how everyone needs to be gone.

For them to see the support that the ones that showed up Saturday had for them. That gave them hope in us and their selfs.

Don’t forget these are 18-20 year olds we have.
Positive reinforcement is what they need at this point in our program.
So, Millennials.

Not that its an issue per se, but these tweets definitely have a coordinated feel to them.

I agree, but would point out that it isn't necessarily the administration coordinating it. The players could be doing it themselves. Just a thought.

Maybe...but there's also more than a good chance they've said to the players, "if you're going to put stuff out there on social media, do it in a way that builds support and not creating negativity or undue controversial tweets." Either way, I'm good with it. Shows good management if they're directing some of this, or if they're not, it shows the players appreciate Vol nation support. If I'm a normal person, playing for the Vols and putting most every waking hour into winning football games, but not panning out right now, I feel disappointed for myself, my team, and my fans, so I think is why we're seeing tweets of appreciation and to stick with them. What's the problem with that?

I recently posted that these players probably check out VolNation, just to see what we put on here. I still believe that is the case, and once again I'll say, please don't bash these guys. They are putting in the work to get better, there just a lot of depth right now. I honestly believe they are getting better. Just gonna take time to get there.

Admin is getting worried and trying to guilt fans into continuing to show up???
Last week it was, "UGA is bringing 50,000 fans, with tickets, to Neyland-they are going to checker the stadium!". This week- this tweet, is there some "coordination" as some have suggested? The best way that I know to pack Neyland, is to win a game or two, preferably an SEC game.

Last edited:
While I agree these tweets and mentions at the fans are being coordinated, no one can deny that it will be nothing but positive for our boys. These are kids out there, and seeing a packed crowd full of screaming fans after the terrible start to the season has to light a fire. Anyone who has played football before knows that the losses weigh on the players harder than anyone else, so I promise it's not just us as Vol fans suffering. These guys want to win and they're trying to learn how. It isn't easy and they need our support. While it is frustrating to watch at times (and I'll admit I wanted to give up after the BYU loss) we have to keep supporting these guys. They showed fire against Georgia. There was a distinct spark shown. We as the fans can either help make that spark into something more or we can crush it out. It's perfectly rational to want to give up Tennessee, anyone who's watched football the last decade can agree with that. But being irrational sounds pretty good to me right now, and because of that I'll be cheering these boys louder than ever in Neyland this Saturday.

While I agree these tweets and mentions at the fans are being coordinated, no one can deny that it will be nothing but positive for our boys. These are kids out there, and seeing a packed crowd full of screaming fans after the terrible start to the season has to light a fire. Anyone who has played football before knows that the losses weigh on the players harder than anyone else, so I promise it's not just us as Vol fans suffering. These guys want to win and they're trying to learn how. It isn't easy and they need our support. While it is frustrating to watch at times (and I'll admit I wanted to give up after the BYU loss) we have to keep supporting these guys. They showed fire against Georgia. There was a distinct spark shown. We as the fans can either help make that spark into something more or we can crush it out. It's perfectly rational to want to give up Tennessee, anyone who's watched football the last decade can agree with that. But being irrational sounds pretty good to me right now, and because of that I'll be cheering these boys louder than ever in Neyland this Saturday.
Sir, when you say, "it is frustrating to watch at times", other than the Chattanooga game, what other times is it not? Maurer was a breath of fresh air, but UGA beat the crap out of us, and knocked Maurer Out-I'm not sure that is a spark I'd like to see again (or worse). Coordinating tweets in order to "get tickets sold", doesn't seem like the best way to fill Neyland-winning always works.

Sir, when you say, "it is frustrating to watch at times", other than the Chattanooga game, what other times is it not? Maurer was a breath of fresh air, but UGA beat the crap out of us, and knocked Maurer Out-I'm not sure that is a spark I'd like to see again (or worse). Coordinating tweets in order to "get tickets sold", doesn't seem like the best way to fill Neyland-winning always works.
Well the good news is that we don't play UGA again and only have one truly unwinnable game left lol. And I agree with you, its been beyond frustrating this year, I was about as negative as I have been on UT football at the first of the year. I saw life, both in the crowd and on the field, for the first time this year against UGA, and that's something I want to see. While the UTAD might be doing it as a ploy to sell tickets, I don't think the kids care about the money. The kids want to see a full crowd and feed off the energy that it will give. I'm willing to give this team a shot in a winnable game to show me that spark for 60 minutes. If they go back to being flat and lifeless like we've seen in GAST, FL, and most of BYU, it's time to throw in the towel with this team. But I love my vols and will give them ample opportunities to show me that they care like we all care, hopefully we see that this Saturday.

Of course there is, as you will see the longer this thread lasts.

FWIW, I happen to agree with the bolded statement.

Reactions: boomvol

VN Store

Back