BasketVols Vs the NCAA 2023 Tournament time.

the baseball board will meltdown soon if they dont start playing better - esp the pitchers that were hyped up

Haha oh I bet the same posters in the bball forum bounce over there to give their awesome takes. They do their yearly rounds. Football to basketball to baseball.

Reactions: 508mikey
Im glad too - he was a clown show

Barnes did call him out during some of his press conferences and I’m sure he said stuff behind close doors. Somebody on the staff or the players probably told him to not lose his “edge”

It’s funny Penny gets run here (VN) for his players behavior, yet Barnes never reigned in Uros’ dumb shat.

There is a difference between one player (Uros) and a coach who never does dumb stuff in public vs multiple guys fighting, the cheating, and Penny's childish antics over years and years.....

Penny's antics are the norm, not the exception to the rule.

There is a difference between one player (Uros) and a coach who never does dumb stuff in public vs multiple guys fighting, the cheating, and Penny's childish antics over years and years.....

Penny's antics are the norm, not the exception to the rule.

Sure, I'm not here to defend Penny. But throwing stones and stuff when you cannot manage your own player and keep sending him out there to hurt the team. I am just as critical for Jenkins for doing that with Brooks.

Sure, I'm not here to defend Penny. But throwing stones and stuff when you cannot manage your own player and keep sending him out there to hurt the team. I am just as critical for Jenkins for doing that with Brooks.

Fair point about Jenkins with Brooks/Morant. Even then you don't see Jenkins acting like an idiot, like Penny does.

Of course, Jenkins sends Brooks out there because he has no viable alternative. It's Barnes fault if he hasn't recruited over Uros yet....

If Barnes is going to get over the hump, he has to do better in the portal. So far he's whiffed.

He dies some things well and others not so much. As well coached as the Bama and Texas games were, he did zero last night. Yes missing ZZ hurt, but it's on him they only have one true pg. I have no idea what the hold up on Edward's is. Knowing Barnes, it's effort on defense, but that's a guess.

If Barnes is going to get over the hump, he has to do better in the portal. So far he's whiffed.

He dies some things well and others not so much. As well coached as the Bama and Texas games were, he did zero last night. Yes missing ZZ hurt, but it's on him they only have one true pg. I have no idea what the hold up on Edward's is. Knowing Barnes, it's effort on defense, but that's a guess.
I rather him recruit top players than risk getting a lemon from the portal - alot of those portal guys are just unhappy with playing time at the former school and there is a reason for lack of playing time & fully expect Edwards to enter the portal

Last edited:

VN Store

Back