BasketVols in the NBA

Grant must be playing poorly right now, because Celtics fans want him shipped to China in the off-season based on social media reactions to the last few games lol.

They'll be sad when they lose him for nothing this year.

Everybody was hurt, and so they gotta rely on Grant for more than his role requires, and they lost a close one to the Bucks when he tried to take Giannis off the dribble. Fkn relax, Boston fans.

23 points for Grant Williams tonight on 8/16 shooting, including 7/12 from three (a career high in makes from three). However his last shot was for the win and was blocked so the Celtics lost by 1 after leading by 19 in Utah

Reactions: Stoked
I wonder if Jaden is ever going to get a real shot at making an NBA roster or if he’s just going to be a career G-League player.

Well he still can't even buy a beer legally. He's only 20. He's a few days younger than Kennedy Chandler and only a few months older than Brandon Miller. He really should have stayed another year or two tbh.

Well he still can't even buy a beer legally. He's only 20. He's a few days younger than Kennedy Chandler and only a few months older than Brandon Miller. He really should have stayed another year or two tbh.
I have to imagine there are a lot of players who would rather earn a living in the G League than be a student athlete. I bet we would have never had some of our recent 5-stars if not for the NBA's eligibility rules. Of course, I'm just speculating and I'm not a potential NBA player, but I feel like I can see the advantages of G League.

The whole 1-and-Done thing is a joke. The 5 stars and their money-grubbing families/hangers-on should just sign a G-league contract
out of high-school and go from there. It would save everyone this lame Kabuki One-and-Done Theater. The 5 stars make a mockery of college as they know they're not going to stay and I suspect that very few 1-and-Doners actually ever earn their degrees. I'm sure that some do, but my bet is most don't.

The coaches who recruit the 5 stars are mostly wasting their time as well, as unless your roster has the near-perfect mix of 5 stars and talented returning players, you're not going to win the national title. Look at Cal at Kentucky: he lands 3-5 five stars just about ever year and he's got one national title at Kentucky--and that a long time ago. Not to mention the fact that you've got to start with the basics again every year because you're 5 stars have left and you've got a new batch of naive freshmen every year. Look at Duke: Coach K's best years and best teams were in the first half of his Duke tenure, when he had more veteran teams. Since Duke switched to signing a bunch of 5 stars every year, I'm quite sure they've become less competitive than they used to be. We beat Duke in the tourney because we had a veteran team and they were very young. Fifteen years ago, we would not have beaten Duke.

And finally, I'd be curious to know how many of the 1-and-Doners over the last, say, 5 years are NBA starters right now. My bet is, not that many. How many are all-stars? Even fewer. Most of them are spending most of their time on NBA benches or playing in the G League.

Not good for the college. Not good for the degree. Not good for the team or the coaches, generally. And not even good for the NBA teams that draft them.
You can develop faster playing pro basketball full time as opposed to college basketball, to be sure, which is all the more reason why 5 stars should just sign with the G League out of high school and let's stop this 1-and-Done charade.

The whole 1-and-Done thing is a joke. The 5 stars and their money-grubbing families/hangers-on should just sign a G-league contract
out of high-school and go from there. It would save everyone this lame Kabuki One-and-Done Theater. The 5 stars make a mockery of college as they know they're not going to stay and I suspect that very few 1-and-Doners actually ever earn their degrees. I'm sure that some do, but my bet is most don't.

The coaches who recruit the 5 stars are mostly wasting their time as well, as unless your roster has the near-perfect mix of 5 stars and talented returning players, you're not going to win the national title. Look at Cal at Kentucky: he lands 3-5 five stars just about ever year and he's got one national title at Kentucky--and that a long time ago. Not to mention the fact that you've got to start with the basics again every year because you're 5 stars have left and you've got a new batch of naive freshmen every year. Look at Duke: Coach K's best years and best teams were in the first half of his Duke tenure, when he had more veteran teams. Since Duke switched to signing a bunch of 5 stars every year, I'm quite sure they've become less competitive than they used to be. We beat Duke in the tourney because we had a veteran team and they were very young. Fifteen years ago, we would not have beaten Duke.

And finally, I'd be curious to know how many of the 1-and-Doners over the last, say, 5 years are NBA starters right now. My bet is, not that many. How many are all-stars? Even fewer. Most of them are spending most of their time on NBA benches or playing in the G League.

Not good for the college. Not good for the degree. Not good for the team or the coaches, generally. And not even good for the NBA teams that draft them.
You can develop faster playing pro basketball full time as opposed to college basketball, to be sure, which is all the more reason why 5 stars should just sign with the G League out of high school and let's stop this 1-and-Done charade.

By my count, 15 of the 26 NBA All-Stars this year were one and done players. Several more were 2 year players.

KC got released because Steven Adams went down and they needed another big

They just singed Kenny Lofton Jr to the team, G league player of the year.

Makes sense but hate to see it.

He will land on another NBA team. With Ja on the team, playing time for Kc was meek

AFAIK outside of IGNITE that's not really a thing that can be done. That's exactly what they are doing with that. The NBA does not want these guys going right to the G-leagues because they already have a much better and cheaper farm system in the NCAA. The big problem with kids going directly to the G-league is most of them are gonna immediately regret it.. Most '1 and dones' dont end up that way at all most end up like JJJ and end up playing 2-4 years. The actual number of guys good enough out of high school to be 1 and done much less straight to the league are minuscule.

Lastly even one year of college is beneficial to the players and the league. That one year of college they get a more controlled version of being out there in the world for the first time on their own. The value of that cannot be discounted. Look at the kids from IGNITE so far. Yup, there have been ones that have gone on to do ok to well in the NBA but the majority of those guys you never hear from again. They are playing overseas if at all and a worrying number of them have ended up in serious legal trouble

I’m in Boston rt now for a work event. It doesn’t appear that Grant has played well as some of the locals didn’t say much about him when I mentioned his name. I had an awards dinner tonight but was able to watch the last two min of the game. I’m not sure if Grant played.

On a different note, their arena is unique in that it’s located on the 3rd floor of the TD center.

Attachments

• 8A3F3E3B-A771-4092-ABF5-738059A54A4E.jpeg
    8A3F3E3B-A771-4092-ABF5-738059A54A4E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 9D84D45E-6A72-414E-92B0-5AC5D0824384.jpeg
    9D84D45E-6A72-414E-92B0-5AC5D0824384.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
I’m in Boston rt now for a work event. It doesn’t appear that Grant has played well as some of the locals didn’t say much about him when I mentioned his name. I had an awards dinner tonight but was able to watch the last two min of the game. I’m not sure if Grant played.

On a different note, their arena is unique in that it’s located on the 3rd floor of the TD center.
Grant played some of Game 3 but otherwise only a few minutes. He’s not a good matchup against the Hawks but will be vital against the Sixers if they take care of business.

The arena is on top of North Station, actually, a lot like how Madison Square Garden is on top of Penn Station.

Reactions: vol94
Grant played some of Game 3 but otherwise only a few minutes. He’s not a good matchup against the Hawks but will be vital against the Sixers if they take care of business.

The arena is on top of North Station, actually, a lot like how Madison Square Garden is on top of Penn Station.

Thanks for info. Too bad my company’s dinner was at the same time as the game as i would’ve loved to gone.

Grant Williams has received some minutes in the playoff series against my Hawks and has hit a few three pointers.

ICE YOUNG has played his ass off in the last two games for Atlanta, including the winning trey shot last night.

Grant’s lack of minutes in this series is due to Trae Young’s defense.

Trae is small and a very bad defender. Grant’s role on offense is screener and spot up shooter, meaning, the hawks can hide Trae’s bad defense by making him guard Grant, who spends a lot of time standing in the corner.

Boston wants to hunt Trae on mismatches so they wanna play exclusively guards and centers in this series.

He's not well liked by many Celtic fans. He doesn't get the love that Vols fans give him. I'm a 76ers fan and it's the same thing with Tobias. Most of our fans think he's overpayed and want to trade him.

He's not well liked by many Celtic fans. He doesn't get the love that Vols fans give him. I'm a 76ers fan and it's the same thing with Tobias. Most of our fans think he's overpayed and want to trade him.
Wouldn’t think NBA general managers perform fan polls when building their rosters? I doubt it anymore than CRB consults VN when building his roster. Grant appears to be well liked by the Celtics organization and his teammates

Reactions: LibertyVol

VN Store

Back