BasketVols in the NBA

Isn't Al Horford's contract up? They are paying him a lot. If Horford is gone, maybe they'll use that money and resign Grant.

I hope it works out for Grant to stay with the Celtics.
They just extended Horford 2 more years. I still think they try to keep Grant. He has been a vital piece for them and all of his stats are improved this year. He is shooting 45.6% from 3 on increased volume!

Reactions: vols 30
They just extended Horford 2 more years. I still think they try to keep Grant. He has been a vital piece for them and all of his stats are improved this year. He is shooting 45.6% from 3 on increased volume!

I hope they extend Grant. I am following all the Pro Vols as best I can. He is the easiest to follow since he plays every game and has been starting most lately.

I'm following Chandler and was surprised to learn that he is a 2-way player spending time in the G league. I wish he'd hung around at UT one more year, but I have no gripes that he pulled the trigger for the NBA.

I hope they extend Grant. I am following all the Pro Vols as best I can. He is the easiest to follow since he plays every game and has been starting most lately.

I'm following Chandler and was surprised to learn that he is a 2-way player spending time in the G league. I wish he'd hung around at UT one more year, but I have no gripes that he pulled the trigger for the NBA.

Pat Riley has been tampering with Grant. Floating stories that they are interested in trading for him (which isn’t really possible this season so it’s obviously a scam to make his interest in him know for free agency)

Looks like there will be a market next year to bid up his price

Chandler isn't a 2 way player. He's on a standard NBA contract, and actually got the most guaranteed money for an American 2nd round pick (sometimes European players get more guaranteed money since they're coming from professional leagues).

He does spend a good amount of time with the G League team, as the Grizzlies are very deep. 2 way contracts mean you're only a part time member of the main NBA team, you also make less money and are usually only signed for a year or two. Every team has two 2 way contracts available, the Grizzlies 2 way players are Vince Williams and Kenneth Lofton. Chandler has a 4 year deal. Any player in the NBA can technically play with the G league team, a lot of players practice with the G league team if they're coming back from an injury.

Chandler isn't a 2 way player. He's on a standard NBA contract, and actually got the most guaranteed money for an American 2nd round pick (sometimes European players get more guaranteed money since they're coming from professional leagues).

He does spend a good amount of time with the G League team, as the Grizzlies are very deep. 2 way contracts mean you're only a part time member of the main NBA team, you also make less money and are usually only signed for a year or two. Every team has two 2 way contracts available, the Grizzlies 2 way players are Vince Williams and Kenneth Lofton. Chandler has a 4 year deal. Any player in the NBA can technically play with the G league team, a lot of players practice with the G league team if they're coming back from an injury.
Yup. Khris Middleton just did a couple stints with the G-League team coming back from his injury.

One of the problems our point guards have had moving to the NBA is moving from a motion offense to a pick and roll offense, so it's been nice seeing us start to use more pick and roll sets. This year we're also firing from deeper on the threes, which hasn't always been accurate early in games but can get us better spacing, more like NBA offenses. We definitely haven't had NBA level shooting thus far but hopefully this makes our prospects more prepared for playing on the next level.

Reactions: Lukusw
Grant hit a huge 3, last night, against the Lakers in OT. Gave the Celtics the first lead after a 13 point comeback, in the 4 to tie it. Wild game, Celtics had a huge lead, also. LeBron looked old in the 4th and AD looked out of shape. Russ played hard. Grant 9 points, all on three's and 5 boards, plus the W

VN Store

Back