BasketVols in the NBA

To anyone that follows the NBA, is Pons likely to make a team and stick? He certainly has nba level athleticism

To anyone that follows the NBA, is Pons likely to make a team and stick? He certainly has nba level athleticism

He has to develop something on offense to really stick. There are some specialty defenders in the league, but it is few and far between.

Coaches really exploit weaknesses in the playoffs.

I think back to Tony Allen and the grit and grind Grizz era. Tony was without a doubt (imo) the best wing defender in the world. But the Warriors would literally not guard him on defense. Yeah, he had the shoulder injury or whatever. But you gotta be a threat to do something on offense.

Reactions: Vols All Day
There’s been a few videos posted of Pons hitting 3 pointers and a few dunks. Can he not be a D and 3 type of player or is he unable to develop a consistent outside shot?

There’s been a few videos posted of Pons hitting 3 pointers and a few dunks. Can he not be a D and 3 type of player or is he unable to develop a consistent outside shot?
I think he can be a good enough shooter, his problem is he can't really dribble at all. I do think he has a chance in the NBA, but he'll need to really improve his handle, and be consistent from deep.

He needs to improve as a perimeter defender and continue to improve his perimeter shooting. The big thing he can offer is an outlet to stretch opposing defenses when more dynamic perimeter players are driving and because of his strength and size he can be a valuable defender of he can switch onto guards.

For goodness sake how can he be even more likable?

That's been almost 3 years in the making since Allen was ejected for two cheap shots he gave GW in the summer league that got him ejected. And Allen isn't going to get the benefit of doubt from any official in the NBA. His reputation is what it is, at this point.

Welp, that was a heartbreaking loss for the Celtics there. Grant played kinda okay. Giannis was bleeding for like the last 3 minutes which wouldn’t be okay in NCAA but I guess is fine in the NBA

Welp, that was a heartbreaking loss for the Celtics there. Grant played kinda okay. Giannis was bleeding for like the last 3 minutes which wouldn’t be okay in NCAA but I guess is fine in the NBA
I love Grant, but okay is an overstatement. 0 points in like 28 minutes and the start

Reactions: Lankykong
I know it’s been said but Giannis is the best player in the league you simply can’t stop him
Yeah agreed on Giannis. He's dang near unstoppable...and Grizzlies biased aside, I think Ja Morant is the next great guard in the NBA. If his 3-point shot gets steady, he'll be unguardable.

Grant Williams had never taken more than eight 3-pointers in a game before this series. He'd never made more than six. He'd never led the Boston Celtics in scoring. All of those things changed Sunday.

Williams had a career-high 27 points.

Williams' previous career high for 3-point attempts in a game was nine -- which he set in Game 2 of this series. He doubled that mark with 18 3-point attempts in Game 7, breaking the NBA's Game 7 record for attempts, held by Curry.

VN Store

Back