BasketVols in the NBA

Grant got a start tonight for the Celtics, didn't put up a ton of stats, but played really good defense and was +14 in 23 minutes.

Dang, after their PG got hurt earlier in the season too. None of our guys that went to the NBA two years ago are doing too hot
Well, they were all longshots to make it, to begin with. None of then were considered surefire NBAers, so it isn't entirely surprising, I don't guess.

Dang, after their PG got hurt earlier in the season too. None of our guys that went to the NBA two years ago are doing too hot

Grant played well against Golden State on Tuesday. He hit a legit step back 3 and I about fell off my couch

Reactions: Vol49er
Grant played well against Golden State on Tuesday. He hit a legit step back 3 and I about fell off my couch
Haha thats awesome. Last Celtics game I watched he got a DNP-CD. I still think Boston is a good environment for him, I hope he isn't included in any trade packages any time soon

When I get the chance to watch the Celtics play, so I can watch Grant play, I'm surprised to see him struggle?? Just watched him come in for 3 minutes and no shots 2 fouls then back to bench! He was great defensively! Quick! Seems to lack the confidence he played with, watched him take over games during his time at Tenn. Looks heavier, dont know if intended because of size in NBA, perhaps struggles with balance with being heavier.

Reactions: kbear01
When I get the chance to watch the Celtics play, so I can watch Grant play, I'm surprised to see him struggle?? Just watched him come in for 3 minutes and no shots 2 fouls then back to bench! He was great defensively! Quick! Seems to lack the confidence he played with, watched him take over games during his time at Tenn. Looks heavier, dont know if intended because of size in NBA, perhaps struggles with balance with being heavier.
Williams is 6'6" on a good day, and lacks the bounce to get shots off inside, like he did at UT..

The difference in level of talent is huge from college to NBA. Grant was never going to be anything more than a role player in the NBA. Anyone expecting anything more isn't aware of reality

He fouls a lot, which is a big area of improvement needed for him.

As for taking shots, he is on a roster with Tatum, Brown and Walker. He should only be shooting when he is open, and he does (and see my post above. He’s knocking down 3’s this year)

As for his size. No idea what you are seeing there. He seems to be in great shape.

As for taking shots, he is on a roster with Tatum, Brown and Walker. He should only be shooting when he is open, and he does (and see my post above. He’s knocking down 3’s this year)

As for his size. No idea what you are seeing there. He seems to be in great shape.
Because he’s not the primary option he gets favorable matchups from time to time, and will school outmatched defenders. But he’s being kept out of the middle to make room for drives by the perimeter guys.

He physically looks great, never meant he wasnt was just wondering if playing heavier although stronger he is having to learn balance with the increased size

Rivers is the most overrated NBA coach the last 15 years but he looks like Red Auerbach compared to Brett Brown.

I think Rivers is good at dealing with stars and making his players play, hard and he has a few moves too (like how he's able to maximize the offense of guys like PG and Tobias). But yeah, he's a limited coach. He's the opposite of Brad Stevens. BS can make a C roster into an A- but hasn't made an A- roster into an A

VN Store

Back