BasketVols in the NBA

AI also played 7 more years in the NBA than Zeke. Everybody forgets Zeke only played in the NBA for 11 years. Back then, when u had an Achilles injury after 30, u were never the same

AI also played 7 more years in the NBA than Zeke. Everybody forgets Zeke only played in the NBA for 11 years. Back then, when u had an Achilles injury after 30, u were never the same
That's fine. The argument wasn't really centered on Zeke vs AI, rather the idea that AI never played defense. That is plain ignorance. You don't finish top-15 all-time in steals by accident.

That's fine. The argument wasn't really centered on Zeke vs AI, rather the idea that AI never played defense. That is plain ignorance. You don't finish top-15 all-time in steals by accident.
Agree, not Zeke level, but definitely above average when AI wanted to be

What’s that old saying, better to remain quiet and be assumed a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt? AI was an excellent defender.
I go back to Cousy, Wilt, Russell. Etc. No one that really knows ball would ever call AI an eccellent defender. Try Joe Dumars for that.

I go back to Cousy, Wilt, Russell. Etc. No one that really knows ball would ever call AI an eccellent defender. Try Joe Dumars for that.

Steals are cool and nice but I mean AI was notoriously known for being overly aggressive in passing lanes and while I don’t remember much from his Philly days I remember Denver and he was usually bad one on one.

Okay, but there is an ocean-sized gap between saying AI is an "excellent defender" and saying that "the next time AI plays defense will be the first", and he is much closer to being an excellent defender than what you credited him with being.

Reactions: Stoked and Namorto1
I’m starting to get a little worried about Grant. It’s just been four games into the season, but he has seen the court very little. Just 5 minutes tonight.

I think the addition of Tristan Thompson is hurting him more than I thought. I kind of hope he gets traded and finds a spot with more room for playing time.

The Celtics are just too deep.

I’m starting to get a little worried about Grant. It’s just been four games into the season, but he has seen the court very little. Just 5 minutes tonight.

I think the addition of Tristan Thompson is hurting him more than I thought. I kind of hope he gets traded and finds a spot with more room for playing time.

He just looks like a runt when he’s inside. He doesn’t have the athleticism to be that size in the league. I mean as anything more than a role player.

Iverson says hold his beer
Iverson was the toughest pound for pound basketball player I have ever seen. He was flat out fearless and was a baller. Despite this I would give the the slight edge to Zeke as he was a better pure PG, and probably a better perimeter shooter. Both great players but an interesting debate.

Agree. I’m hoping he’s created enough sample size to get interest from a team that really needs him, IF worst case happens

Jordan Bone is about to get his chance as a strong backup PG. Magic’s starting PG just went down with an ACL and they have a rookie who will probably take over the starting spot now. I think Bone has a chance to really show up and make his mark on an NBA team

I noticed this as well. Now that he is likely going to get a real opportunity, I think Bone is about break out too! The Pistons never gave him more than 2-3 minutes of playing time even though Bone was their G League leading scorer and all around best player.

The Magic's 1st round pick, Cole Anthony, will play over him, but I honestly expect Bone to outplay him. Jordan is more consistent and was a better college player.

Richardson played 41 minutes in the win over the Nuggets, hitting a big 3-pointer late in overtime to help clinch the victory and finishing with 14 points

JRich is a starter but he stayed in Denver after the game Thursday with 2 other players due to the covid protocol and missed last night's game with the Magic.

Has he done well with his opportunity?
I mean, not fantastic, but the magic aren't very good without Fultz, Fournier, and Isaac. He's done okay I guess given the circumstances. 6.6 PPG, 1.8 APG, 2.6 RPG in 21.2 minutes per game since he's taken on the larger role (just 5 games so far). It's not far off from what Michael Carter-Williams gave them as the main backup last year, and way better than what he's done this year. He's been fairly efficient overall, 3pt shot still isn't very good, but it isn't terrible. I could genuinely see him as a legit backup point guard in the league though in time. Glad he's getting a shot though.

VN Store

Back