BasketVols in the NBA

Grant has 14 right now tonight vs the Grizzlies. Getting ready to go to the 4th. He's 3 of 4 from downtown too.

HAHAHA at Grayson Allen!! He is lucky he went against a class guy like Grant or someonelse would have taken him out. Grant actually lets his play speak for itself anyways!

Ah, I cannot help but reflect on the many times legendary Coach Mike Krzyzewski defended Grayson Allen's behavior and actions on the court. Mmm. Yes. Such a fine representative of the Duke mentality.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I watched about half of Schofield’s game last night. He seemed to struggle a bit and despite playing a lot, didn’t seem to fit in in this game. Seemed frustrated, disengaged...not really sure how to word it. He didn’t seem like the high energy kid having fun like we remembered him being at Tennessee. I’m sure most of that can be attributed to him still finding his place and working out the adjustments to the pro game.

Allen wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the NBA of the 1980s or 90s without having to pick his teeth up from the floor.

Reactions: cncchris33
I watched about half of Schofield’s game last night. He seemed to struggle a bit and despite playing a lot, didn’t seem to fit in in this game. Seemed frustrated, disengaged...not really sure how to word it. He didn’t seem like the high energy kid having fun like we remembered him being at Tennessee. I’m sure most of that can be attributed to him still finding his place and working out the adjustments to the pro game.

He’s going to really have to adjust. It’s not easy. He was to use to getting isolations/post ups/designed screens and in the NBA that’s not going to happen. It’s going to be a lot of cuts/catch and shoots/putbacks

He was 4 for 5 from 3!

Also had this slick oop on a fast break. Reminds of the UK oop to Bowden.

Why is it everyone that leaves UT all of a sudden becomes a 3 point shooter in the NBA? Tobias, Jrich, McRae a tad and now Grant? I swear if KA and admiral start shooting 40% the conspiracy is in. And this ain't anti Barnes it's been a trend since before him.

Those guys need to come back and share the secret lol. But seriously the answer is these are all hard working guys and once they hit the league and don't have to worry about classes and the Devil with 2 A's they can put in that time they are not allowed in college.

Why is it everyone that leaves UT all of a sudden becomes a 3 point shooter in the NBA? Tobias, Jrich, McRae a tad and now Grant? I swear if KA and admiral start shooting 40% the conspiracy is in. And this ain't anti Barnes it's been a trend since before him.

Those guys need to come back and share the secret lol. But seriously the answer is these are all hard working guys and once they hit the league and don't have to worry about classes and the Devil with 2 A's they can put in that time they are not allowed in college.

Because the coaching is better in the NBA, they can work all offseason instead and focus on basketball instead of college stuff, and they can work with assistants/specialized trainers with no time limits.

All these teams/agents have shooting coaches and they can work with them with no time restraints. Grants jump shot already looks better in three months.

Reactions: Voltopia
He’s going to really have to adjust. It’s not easy. He was to use to getting isolations/post ups/designed screens and in the NBA that’s not going to happen. It’s going to be a lot of cuts/catch and shoots/putbacks
He did have one putback and another nice move where he took his man off the dribble and scored on a floater in the lane.

The physical adjustment is pretty obvious. He is no longer bigger, better, and stronger than the guys he is used to playing around. I guess I was speaking to the mental adjustment of not being “the man” anymore. I think we saw a bit of that at Tennessee his first year as he transitioned from high school to high major D1 basketball, and possibly a bit of that is what led him into Barnes’ doghouse early on.

Yeah, you got it in your last sentence. It is now a job with no restrictions other than the number of hours in a day and your own work ethic.

These guys eat, sleep, and breathe basketball instead of balancing class work and social life. The resources are innumerable. Those most dedicated to their craft and developing/maintaining/training their bodies will be the most successful.

Grant williams has always been a good 3 pt shooter imo. Most people don’t realize the guy shot over 50% from 3 for a large portion of his freshmen year.

He just needed to feel like it was apart of the offense he was in to let it fly more. I don’t think he ever felt confident that it was part of the plan for us

You know admiral shot over 40% on 5 attempts per game last year right? 39%the year before as well. He's been a 3 point shooter, which is where a lot of his value will come from in the NBA.

Last edited:
You know over 40% on 5 attempts per game last year right? 39%the year before as well. He's been a 3 point shooter, which is where a lot of his value will come from in the NBA.
say what? grant shot 32.6% from 3 last year and 29.1% for his career. He **** 1.2 a game last year and 1.0 career. Tobias shot 30 percent on 2.2 attempts per game at UT. Jrich career 31.8% on 2.3 attempts. Jordan Mcrae 34% on 4.6. All (grant is still just in summer league so does not count) immediately increased their shooting percentages by a large margin in the NBA. Tobias has only shot under 30% two season his rookie and 4th then the last 2 years he has been at 40%. its like something magic happened to all UT graduates in the NBA starting in 2017 well except for Mcrae he is still shooting 35% in his limited career

VN Store

Back