BasketVols in the NBA

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Now that we've got quite a few NBA players (and hopefuls), I figured it'd be easier to post in a single thread.

GW started off with a great debut.

Admiral had a strong debut as well.

Alexander has been ok. Doubt he makes the roster but will play in the G-League I'm sure.

Stokes is playing for Portland in the Summer League.

Hopefully Bone will play soon.

Tobias has always been underrated. Though now with the contract he finally may not be. It'll be good to see him play with J-Rich as well.

McRae should be a rotational player with the Wizards as his contract was converted earlier this year.

Last edited:
Now that we've got quite a few NBA players (and hopefuls), I figured it'd be easier to post in a single thread.

Alexander has been ok. Doubt he makes the roster but will play in the G-League I'm sure.

Tobias has always been underrated. Though now with the contract he finally may not be. It'll be good to see him play with J-Rich as well.

McRae should be a rotational player with the Wizards as his contract was converted earlier this year.

The Admiral had a good night with 9 points, 5 rebounds and 1 assist

Last edited:
Tobias isnt underrated, he's a solid starter who will occasionally have a great game. He isnt worth what he is paid based off skill alone but hes very consistent as a pro.

Grant looks like he can be a stud.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol

Don't forget jrich in Philly

Where do you guys think JRich will end up in that lineup? I’m curious as to what his primary role will be and how many minutes he’ll get.

Unless something weird happens with how the coaches like him, he should start and play a ton of minutes like he did in Miami. He was usually too valuable defensively to leave the floor much.

He seems like an improved version of Robert Covington who played there and got lots of run.

Where do you guys think JRich will end up in that lineup? I’m curious as to what his primary role will be and how many minutes he’ll get.
He will undoubtedly start and if they plan on starting Simmons, Harris, Horford and Embiid then he will draw the defensive assignment on the opposing pg's mostly. Its gonna be very interesting to say the least to see what happens with the sixers lineups.

Unless something weird happens with how the coaches like him, he should start and play a ton of minutes like he did in Miami. He was usually too valuable defensively to leave the floor much.

He seems like an improved version of Robert Covington who played there and got lots of run.

I hadn’t even thought of that comparison but that’s a good point. I agree that he’ll work out well in that system. Aside from being a lock-down defender, his unselfish play will translate well there (scary to think that JRich will be their 4th or 5th option). As solid as that lineup is defensively JRich runs the floor better than all of them, for that reason alone, I imagine he’ll be a good transition scorer for them.

I think their starting 5 will either be:

PG- Simmons
SG- Richardson
SF- Harris
PF- Horford
C- Embiid

OR

PG- TBD
SG- Richardson
SF- Harris
PF- Simmons
C- Embiid

He will undoubtedly start and if they plan on starting Simmons, Harris, Horford and Embiid then he will draw the defensive assignment on the opposing pg's mostly. Its gonna be very interesting to say the least to see what happens with the sixers lineups.
Might be the best defensive team in the NBA next season

Tobias isnt underrated, he's a solid starter who will occasionally have a great game. He isnt worth what he is paid based off skill alone but hes very consistent as a pro.

Grant looks like he can be a stud.

Tobias averaged 20/8 last year. One of 12 players in the NBA to do so. Out of everyone who averaged 20 ppg, Harris is one of 6 who shot right at 40 or better percent from 3, 4 of the other 6 were guards, the other was Karl Anthony Towns. Tobias was 7th in shooting percentage among the 33 players who averaged 20ppg last season. Most who were higher were C/back to the basket power forwards. His true shooting % was right at 60% which was 10th in the NBA among people who averaged 20ppg. Tobias shot 87 percent from the FT line, Kevin Durant is the only non-guard who averaged 20+ppg who shot better than that from the FT line. Tobias was tied for 2nd fewest turnovers per game among players who averaged 20ppg last season. Tobias is 6'9, can shoot the 3 at a high to elite level, makes his free throws, plays solid defense (better D rating than guys like Klay Thompson, Lilliard, Kemba, Booker etc etc who are in the 20ppg group) and doesn't turn the ball over despite high usage. That's far more than "solid starter" who "occasionally has a great game". That's why he got close to a max contract from Philly. He's an elite top 25 NBA talent when you break down his numbers.

VN Store

Back