BasketVols in the NBA

Duh. I guess Grant #2. One of the twin one-and-dones #3?

J-rich played starter minutes for Boston and played some of the best ball of his career. was traded to the Spurs. But the Spurs are tanking and playing him would be counter-intuitive for them, so he is getting DNP’s. Being stashed as a trade asset to move up in the draft.

J-rich played starter minutes for Boston and played some of the best ball of his career. was traded to the Spurs. But the Spurs are tanking and playing him would be counter-intuitive for them, so he is getting DNP’s. Being stashed as a trade asset to move up in the draft.

I guess Alexander, Admiral, Yves, McRae, and Bone are still lurking around. Even Scotty Hopson hasn’t hung up his sneakers yet. Tariq is barely hanging on in the G-League.

J- Rich put up big numbers in Miami. I don't think he's come close to that level since.

J- Rich put up big numbers in Miami. I don't think he's come close to that level since.

His last season in a tank year in Miami he had decent numbers on below average efficiency as a lead player in the offense. He was meh in Philly and bad in Dallas.

In Boston this year he had good efficiency off the bench behind two high volume scorers.

Reactions: vols 30
His last season in a tank year in Miami he had decent numbers on below average efficiency as a lead player in the offense. He was meh in Philly and bad in Dallas.

In Boston this year he had good efficiency off the bench behind two high volume scorers.
I think he would still be in Boston if they didn't have to dump him to get under the luxury tax.

I wouldn't say that SAS is actively tanking. Yes their roster is bad enought to end up in the lottery, and they will. But pop doesnt play lineups with the intent to lose. He just knows they are going to lose based on the personel on the roster. He is playing the guys that give him the best chance to win. They arent "stashing" Josh. He played 30 minutes last night. Josh is not they type of talent to carry you out of the lottery or into the playoffs. If they've benched him, its because they are developing their young guards.

JRich started last night and was the Spurs second leading scorer with 18 points, 4-5 from three, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, one turnover and most importantly, a win over the Lakers. Spurs are not tanking, they can still make the play-in games.

JRich started last night and was the Spurs second leading scorer with 18 points, 4-5 from three, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, one turnover and most importantly, a win over the Lakers. Spurs are not tanking, they can still make the play-in games.

I could be wrong but I expect they’ll pick and choose what games they wanna compete and showcase him as still being a useful player where necessary. And trade him for a late 1st or a pick swap in the draft.

I could be wrong but I expect they’ll pick and choose what games they wanna compete and showcase him as still being a useful player where necessary. And trade him for a late 1st or a pick swap in the draft.
I mean what are they tanking for 3 ping pong balls instead of 2. You may be right that the Spurs want to trade JRich, but I don't think they are tanking, not Pop's style, imo

Tanking means losing games on purpose, and there is literally no chance of Greg doing that. Simple facts. If you dont know that, you dont know anything about the NBA.

I mean what are they tanking for 3 ping pong balls instead of 2. You may be right that the Spurs want to trade JRich, but I don't think they are tanking, not Pop's style, imo

I think in this draft, you do whatever it takes to be in the top 3.

Basilio saying Tennessee is selling Chandler on TJ Ford, freshman who leads the team to NCAAT (they lost in S16), he returns for his sophomore year to a preseason Top 5 team and leads them to a Final Four and becomes a Top 10 NBA Pick.
Not that much of a stretch tbh

Basilio saying Tennessee is selling Chandler on TJ Ford, freshman who leads the team to NCAAT (they lost in S16), he returns for his sophomore year to a preseason Top 5 team and leads them to a Final Four and becomes a Top 10 NBA Pick.

TJ Ford was a long time ago. I think the 1-and-done is pretty set in with first-rounders nowadays--even as a lot of them fail to pan out in the NBA. I'll be very surprised if he stays.

RE Richardson: He had a good situation in Boston, so it's unfortunate he got traded. But when he became a backup swing player he fell into that easily-tradable swing player asset that we see a lot of in the NBA--and the NBA is a trade-happy league. He will probably be moved again, which is unfortunate. Even though people say, who cares, he's making great money, nobody likes being a journeyman. He rather screwed up his career with his back-to-back poor years in Philly and Dallas, when his shooting fell off and I don't think his defense, which is a strength of his, was even very good with the Mavs. He doesn't have a classic jump-shot release, which is why, IMO, his shooting can be suspect. He's been better this year, and needs to keep shooting and playing well to extend his career. He's got a lot of game--but it's a shooting/shooter's league, and so here's hoping he can keep making baskets.

TJ Ford was a long time ago. I think the 1-and-done is pretty set in with first-rounders nowadays--even as a lot of them fail to pan out in the NBA. I'll be very surprised if he stays.

RE Richardson: He had a good situation in Boston, so it's unfortunate he got traded. But when he became a backup swing player he fell into that easily-tradable swing player asset that we see a lot of in the NBA--and the NBA is a trade-happy league. He will probably be moved again, which is unfortunate. Even though people say, who cares, he's making great money, nobody likes being a journeyman. He rather screwed up his career with his back-to-back poor years in Philly and Dallas, when his shooting fell off and I don't think his defense, which is a strength of his, was even very good with the Mavs. He doesn't have a classic jump-shot release, which is why, IMO, his shooting can be suspect. He's been better this year, and needs to keep shooting and playing well to extend his career. He's got a lot of game--but it's a shooting/shooter's league, and so here's hoping he can keep making baskets.

He was so bad in Dallas, I thought he was legit on his way out of the league. But he has turned it around this year. I think he mostly likely lands on a contender in a trade. Somebody trying to add bench depth

VN Store

Back