Basketball Expectations(05-06)

Originally posted by GAVol@May 16, 2005 7:34 PM
Can we all just agree that we're glad that we're not in Starkville, Mississippi?
[snapback]94892[/snapback]​

Good point!!!!!! :laugh1:

Yea, to each his own for sure!!! I might like it Freak if I was in Jamaica or something but Fl leaves a lot to be desired!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 16, 2005 9:35 PM
-freak
I dont really want to get into this arguement, but IMO (and many others i might add), Florida is the superior University, in all of the catagories i listed....Floridians and Tennesseeans are soo alike, but different at the same time...this rivalry is really starting to take off. I really cant stand the vols, but im always ready to have a nice convorsation (with a little smack of course ;) )  but Florida/Tennessee is def. one of the top 5 matches on the preseason schedule (nation wide)....but, i was asked why i thought one of my opinions, so i gave many examples, weather you agree with them or not (majority of them are facts)

but, on the field is where it counts and i personally cant wait unil 9/17/05 (Go Gators! :angel: )
:matrix:
[snapback]94893[/snapback]​

do you mean in your opinion and many other GATORS? :nono:

Some of them are facts...with Gator colored glasses of course. :p

I don't have any problems with you stating your opinions Swamp and do so in an intelligent manor. I love a good rivalry discussion.

I guess my only point is that I have seen you saying our BB program stinks and Fulmer hasn't won as many championships as he should be you have not been willing to admit what is fact in that the Gators are down and are HOPING just like we are in BB that an unproven (on this level) coach can bring you back. You have really high expectations based on those facts... but hey, nothing wrong with that I guess.

His arguement is the same as I've seen on many other rival's boards. For the amount of talent we've recruited, we've underachieved. I suppose that's true to an extent, since we probably get the most talent of any team in the SEC at least since Spurrier's departure. I would have expected a couple more trips to ATL in that time.

But I don't think Fulmer has done bad by any stretch.

Oh no, dont get me wrong freak, Florida football is down. IMO, not nearly as down as your basketball team, but yes, the zook era was one to forget. UF down is equal to a lot of programs high's though, but i know we can do better, and i expect it...thast one of the reasons UF fans are so pumped about this upcoming season and the start of The Meyer era, it should be exciting

Allright then we are making progress... so you admit you are down but then you have to throw in not as down as our basketball team. So will you then admit that Donavan has underachieved with the talent he has had?

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 16, 2005 9:50 PM
Allright then we are making progress... so you admit you are down but then you have to throw in not as down as our basketball team. So will you then admit that Donavan has underachieved with the talent he has had?
[snapback]94902[/snapback]​

yes he has. im not baised freak, ill call it how i see it. ;)

VN Store

Back