Basketball Expectations(05-06)

Can't wait to see how bad UT does this year. One good recruit coming onto an already crappy team. Yes Pearl's team beat Bama but the players were a whole hell of a lot better, they went on to beat Boston College. So I was just clearing that up before I hear the "Oh well Pearl's team sure did show the Tide!" Another fun fact:

UA-UT matchup since 2001: 6-1 Tide...the 1 occurring in 2001.

Originally posted by Vol67@May 16, 2005 7:22 AM
9-1 need I say more.
[snapback]94641[/snapback]​

Actually yes, what the hell are you talking about when it comes to basketball?

If Florida sucks what does that make Tennessee??? Yes Pearls WISCONSIN MILWAUKEE TEAM beat AL. Not the vols.

Originally posted by U-T@May 16, 2005 2:08 PM
:lolup:  :neener:  :neener:  :neener:
[snapback]94710[/snapback]​

Hey how far did Tennessee make it in the NCAA Tourny?

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 16, 2005 4:23 PM
If Florida sucks what does that make Tennessee???
[snapback]94732[/snapback]​

ive been trying to figure that out for a while.....take off the orange and white glasses people

Florida > Tennessee

SEC Titles

Football: UT-13 UF-6
Bball: Regular season UT-8 UF-3
Tourney: UT-4 UF-1

Bowl Game records: UT 24-21 for 45 total (#2 all-time)
UF 14-18 for 32 total (#15 all-time)

All-time records: UT- 747-306-53 for a 69.9% winning per. (#8 all-time)
UF- 597-364-40 for a 61.6% winning per. (#29 all-time)

Still not sure where you get that UF>UT??

Originally posted by utvolpj@May 16, 2005 4:36 PM
SEC Titles

Football: UT-13 UF-6
Bball: Regular season UT-8 UF-3
        Tourney: UT-4 UF-1

Bowl Game records: UT 24-21 for 45 total (#2 all-time)
                              UF 14-18 for 32 total (#15 all-time)

All-time records: UT- 747-306-53 for a 69.9% winning per. (#8 all-time)
                        UF- 597-364-40 for a 61.6% winning per. (#29 all-time)

Still not sure where you get that UF>UT??
[snapback]94767[/snapback]​

According to Tennessee fans we dont live in the past...its all about the present and not about what the school has done as a whole. Like when I say Alabama leads Tennessee in wins in practically every sport...you all say that we suck now and thats all that matters.

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 16, 2005 5:22 PM
According to Tennessee fans we dont live in the past...its all about the present and not about what the school has done as a whole. Like when I say Alabama leads Tennessee in wins in practically every sport...you all say that we suck now and thats all that matters.
[snapback]94794[/snapback]​

Whenever Tennessee fans bring up the present, Bama fans talk about a coach that is dead and never coming back.

true or false...you think that alabama should not brag about the winning record they have against tennessee in practically every sport? when you say no, dont expect me to not say anything to a vol who is bringing up overall records against florida attempting to prove they are better.

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 16, 2005 5:22 PM
[snapback]94794[/snapback]​

With what Bama paid for those wins, we could fund our whole athletic dept.

please tell me the last time UT won a reg season mens bball SEC title

please tell me the last time UT won a postseason men SEC BBall title?

please tell me the last time UT won a SEC title?

as a UT fan, you have no bragging rights in basketball....even UT fans admit they couldnt have won the freakin Horizon League, youve been pothetic in basketball as of late

football...ill admit, youre a top tier program, no denying the truth, but phil fulmer seems to have a problem winning championships, as good as UT has been, they only have 1 Ntl title in the past 7 yrs and 1 SEC title in the past 7 yrs...how many times have you guys been to atl?? a lot....and if you want to compare to UF....talk to me about since weve been playing in the same conf...ever since the SEC broke into 2 div. (91 or something like that)UF has had the upper hand...just take your boy peyton, 0-4 against UF

no to mention there are sports other then basketball and football

UF is overall a top 5 athletic program in America year in and year out...UT can touch that.....along with academics, which if youll look that up, im sure youll find UF is ahead of UT aswell.....campus, i think there are few campus's that can touch UF, UT not being one of them.....Location, if you dont like sunshine and palmtrees :rolleyes: , i dont think UT can match that, along with being an hr and 1/2 away from the beach and a short drive away from big cities like Orlando, J-ville, and Tampa

thats where i get...

Florida > Tennessee ;)

Swamp do really really want to get into this whole who is better debate?

You guys won your last SEC Title in 2000. We have at least been to Atlanta twice since then. I don't think you guys have a lot of room to talk..football wise coming off three straight five loss seasons. I know you guys are excited about Meyer and maybe he will do well, nobody knows.

Our last basketball regular season title was 99 or 2000.???
Our last tourney title was like 79 - absurd I know.
SEC Title was 98, again too long but we have played in two Champ games.

Swamp you can bring up Petyon and division splits and all that but bottom line is you had a nice run under Spurrier and haven't done anything since. That's about the only small period in your history that you can boast about. It was a good run (congrats) don't get me wrong, but UF has not been the same under Zook and I don't think you will argue with that. Maybe Meyer is the answer I don't know.

If you want to take University wide sports, I can't help you there.

As for basketball, our program has been pathetic. We had a nice run under Green with "four straight 20 win seasons" and 4 NCAA apearances and one Sweet 16 but his teams were hard to watch and relate to, I am not sure why. As bad as we have been for the last 20 years you can understand why we are excited to have a guy like Pearl who is a hard worker and a good coach who has a plan and a system (unlike Buzz). I also think he knows how to surround hiimself with good people that will help him. I don't know Donovan's stats of the top of my head but you mention Fulmer underachieving? I don't think Donovan has done a whole lot with the talent he has had and the players he has put in the NBA. Granted you have had much more success than us, but that's not saying much. :p Bottom line on that is it's hard to win championships. It takes not only a lot of talent but a lot of luck.

In all honestly even I am kind of excited to see the outcome of Pearl. He is a great coach and Im really curious to see what he can do the program. You guys really got a good coach coming in and you should be proud. But hopefully we will still have the extra edge :D

.....Location, if you dont like sunshine and palmtrees  , i dont think UT can match that, along with being an hr and 1/2 away from the beach and a short drive away from big cities like Orlando, J-ville, and Tampa

That is nothing to brag about.....sorry!!! :blink: I dont like heat, palm trees and sand sooo I dont like FL!!! Give me a mountain, trails, and a cool stream to sit by and you got my heart!!!! :rocks:

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 16, 2005 5:32 PM
In all honestly even I am kind of excited to see the outcome of Pearl. He is a great coach and Im really curious to see what he can do the program. You guys really got a good coach coming in and you should be proud. But hopefully we will still have the extra edge  :D
[snapback]94848[/snapback]​

For now, y'all probably will. But only as long as there are still remnants of Buzzball.

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@May 16, 2005 9:00 PM
That is nothing to brag about.....sorry!!! :blink:  I dont like heat, palm trees and sand sooo I dont like FL!!! Give me a mountain, trails, and a cool stream to sit by and you got my heart!!!! :rocks:
[snapback]94870[/snapback]​

to each his own i guess

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 16, 2005 9:27 PM
to each his own i guess
[snapback]94890[/snapback]​

I like the beach and palm trees........ :dunno:

Can we all just agree that we're glad that we're not in Starkville, Mississippi?

-freak

I dont really want to get into this arguement, but IMO (and many others i might add), Florida is the superior University, in all of the catagories i listed....Floridians and Tennesseeans are soo alike, but different at the same time...this rivalry is really starting to take off. I really cant stand the vols, but im always ready to have a nice convorsation (with a little smack of course ;) ) but Florida/Tennessee is def. one of the top 5 matches on the preseason schedule (nation wide)....but, i was asked why i thought one of my opinions, so i gave many examples, weather you agree with them or not (majority of them are facts)

but, on the field is where it counts and i personally cant wait unil 9/17/05 (Go Gators! :angel: )

:matrix:

VN Store

Back