Basketball Anybody???

Seeing all these good teams play the past few days, it’s eye opening to how bad UT was this year. Every offensive possession felt like a futile struggle.

wow, arkansas hold on. TTech had a shot to tie at the end
Texas Tech had every opportunity to win that game, 2 layups and an 80% ft shooter on the line to take the lead. The referees certainly swallowed their whistle more than a few times down the stretch.

this has probably been discussed, but how is florida a 7 seed and LSU an 8 seed? doesn't seem right
Because everyone views the SEC as the red headed stepchild in bball. Our conference is just as good as the Big 10 and Big 12 but the Big 10 specifically always seem to be the darlings of the national media. They had no business having all those teams ranked in the top 10 this year. They had 9 teams make the tournament, and what, 6 have already been bounced in the first 2 rounds. And if the 3 remaining ones lose tomorrow that means none in the Sweet 16. Yeah their conference is SOOO great that they are going 1 or 2 teams in the Sweet 16 best case scenario. They were way overhyped and I hate they don’t view the SEC as highly as the other conferences. I hate to be in this position but I’m actually rooting for LSU and Alabama to win tomorrow to show everyone that the SEC is just as good as everyone else.

Because everyone views the SEC as the red headed stepchild in bball. Our conference is just as good as the Big 10 and Big 12 but the Big 10 specifically always seem to be the darlings of the national media. They had no business having all those teams ranked in the top 10 this year. They had 9 teams make the tournament, and what, 6 have already been bounced in the first 2 rounds. And if the 3 remaining ones lose tomorrow that means none in the Sweet 16. Yeah their conference is SOOO great that they are going 1 or 2 teams in the Sweet 16 best case scenario. They were way overhyped and I hate they don’t view the SEC as highly as the other conferences. I hate to be in this position but I’m actually rooting for LSU and Alabama to win tomorrow to show everyone that the SEC is just as good as everyone else.
Hmm, I'm just asking why LSU is an 8 and Florida is a 7 when based on quite a few factors, it seems like LSU would have a higher seed. Not trying to get into a conference debate on this question when both of the teams I'm asking about are from the same conference...

Hmm, I'm just asking why LSU is an 8 and Florida is a 7 when based on quite a few factors, it seems like LSU would have a higher seed. Not trying to get into a conference debate on this question when both of the teams I'm asking about are from the same conference...
I don’t really have a problem with Florida being a 7 seed. That seemed about right. But LSU should’ve been no worse than a 5 or 6 seed. I despise them because of Will Wade but they definitely got shafted. Finished 3rd in the conference and made it to the SECT Championship. If that’s a Big 10 team finishing that high within their conference then that team would’ve been no worse than a 3 or 4 seed in the NCAAT. Heck, Ohio St finished 5th in the conference and they were a 2 seed. My point is none of it makes any sense.

I don’t really have a problem with Florida being a 7 seed. That seemed about right. But LSU should’ve been no worse than a 5 or 6 seed. I despise them because of Will Wade but they definitely got shafted. Finished 3rd in the conference and made it to the SECT Championship. If that’s a Big 10 team finishing that high within their conference then that team would’ve been no worse than a 3 or 4 seed in the NCAAT. Heck, Ohio St finished 5th in the conference and they were a 2 seed. My point is none of it makes any sense.
ah, gotcha. My bad, I misunderstood your argument.

I think LSU as a 6 would make sense, and to me, an 8-10 for Florida would fit. Obviously none of this matters now, but I just thought it was weird and somehow didn't really pay attention to it before today

and I think LSU is a pretty strong 8 seed. I wouldn't want to play them as my second game if I was a 1 seed

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back