Basillo: Lane Kiffin wants to come home

Would Kiffin accept the job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 124 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 23.5%

• Total voters
Do you really think Kiffin would risk career suicide by ruining his 2nd chance with a major SEC program ?

Lol, yes absolutely. His track record shows he will do whatever suits him in the moment, like, oh I don't know, threatening to leave your current team (Mississippi) for Tennessee? He's like the gold-digger girlfriend who's always shopping for Guy B while dating Guy A. Only a desperate person with low self esteem would take her back, imo. Come on!

White has a great history of finding winners. Let him find one.

Basillo went on the on air (1/18) and stated:

"Lane Kiffin has reached out to our booster base and made it clear he wants the job."

"I was told this today at 2:49 p.m. by a booster. He said Lane called as soon as soon as it was official."

TIFWIW...

Maybe AD White can get it done ??

Somebody call Basillo, and tell him to move to China or Russia. And take Kiffin with him.

I can see him doing the same thing to Ole Miss as he did to us.

If he is advocating himself for the job at UT, he hasn't changed. He's done it before (to us), apparently would be willing to do it again (to Ole Miss). Why wouldn't he do it a 3rd time (us again), if we hired him away from Mississippi?

That's not even mentioning the shady crap he and his staff pulled on us as they were heading out the door.

It's like an ex who who left for one of your buddies, then did it again to another guy later on. Would you give her another chance when she realizes you were better than them in the first place? Have a little dignity. . .

I am 100% in agreement with you. I am only pontificating that maybe he genuinely regrets what happened and wants to make it right. It is also a more direct route to stick it to Saban eventually.

Again, cannot imagine why he would bail from Ole Miss after such a brief stint...... same ole same ole I suppose.

Great commentary btw....

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I am 100% in agreement with you. I am only pontificating that maybe he genuinely regrets what happened and wants to make it right. It is also a more direct route to stick it to Saban eventually.

Again, cannot imagine why he would bail from Ole Miss after such a brief stint...... same ole same ole I suppose.

Great commentary btw....
He could stick it to Saban by winning the west. The big question is, can he? I doubt it.

Make him prove his loyalty. Structure his contract with a huge buyout and fines if he's fired for cause. If he wants to come here, make HIM prove it with what he signs for.

See if he will complete his first contract with only his end of the buyouts changed.

wCCVE.gif

Basilio: Lane Kiffin wants to come home

1611615958088.png

If the good folks of Nebraska are agreeable, who are we to stop him?

He could even hitch a ride on a gambling paddleboat, take the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers most of the way.

He could stick it to Saban by winning the west. The big question is, can he? I doubt it.

True but I believe beating him at TN makes it a little sweeter given the historical rivalry. Either way not sure why he’d jump ship and we’d expect anything different than last time.

Why want a guy who is jockeying to leave ole miss after a year? Who does that? Oh yeah Lane and remember who he also did that too? Yeah no. Have some dignity. Geez I would love to see how you all are with women.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, he's still my #1 choice....
And all you people that are still butthurt, are probably the same people that holds grudges from highschool... Grow up... He went to his dream job, you're telling me you wouldn't do the same?
I'm with you 100% Hoss. Kiffin is my first choice by a mile. I don't like what he did but I get it. He was young and USC was his dream. He's older now and I truly believes he misses Knoxville. He'd have us back sooner than most here think.

VN Store

Back