Basilio saying Fulmer/Chaney want a new QB

But thing about this is that no one knows for sure if they haven't separated themselves from each other. We only have Pruitt's word, now whether or not he's telling the truth idk. We haven't seen either one of them play, so we have no idea how they will handle live action. Again it's just Pruitt's word. Guess we'll find out Saturday if he plays either one of them or not.

We did actually see Maurer play in the Orange and White game, and while he did throw a pick or two, I was impressed with his ability to move the ball down the field. He showed a lot of poise.

We did actually see Maurer play in the Orange and White game, and while he did throw a pick or two, I was impressed with his ability to move the ball down the field. He showed a lot of poise.

Yes he did and if it weren’t for Bailey he’d be the starter nxt year

If Fulmer, or any AD for that matter, is trying to tell a head coach who should and shouldn't be playing then that AD is part of the problem and should be fired immediately.

Whether you agree with Fulmer or not, what big time coach would take this job knowing the AD has final say on personnel?

If Fulmer, or any AD for that matter, is trying to tell a head coach who should and shouldn't be playing then that AD is part of the problem and should be fired immediately.

Whether you agree with Fulmer or not, what big time coach would take this job knowing the AD has final say on personnel?

A big time head coach wouldn’t need Fulmer to tell him what to do.

Believe it or not, big time proven coaches are actually confident in their abilities.

No coach is going to keep losing games playing said player just to enforce idea he's in charge of a team. Losing = fired. Pruitt's not stupid. Have another guy step up and play better leading to wins keeps him employed.

Yes, Fulmer is truly a legendary coach. Anyone who lived through the Nineties as a Vol fan should be able to attest to this. He certainly waned at the end of his career, but, like I said, the Nineties were special.
Yes I remember that. There were no Alabama fans in Tennessee. All the sudden there are bama fans I didn’t even know were bama fans 🤣

Then maybe JG should simply fall on a helmet during practice or have suffered an unidentified injury during the last game and being held out for his safety ... solves the credibility/deniability issue. The temptation to play musical chairs is a reality ... see the offensive line.
Oblique strain..........

Yes, Fulmer is truly a legendary coach. Anyone who lived through the Nineties as a Vol fan should be able to attest to this. He certainly waned at the end of his career, but, like I said, the Nineties were special.

I don't know if legendary is the right word. Spurrier owned him. TBH, Fulmer was an above average coach and Chief and Cut are to be attributed for part of that success. Another thorn to Fulmer was Richt. Once Georgia started winning we lost the pipeline in the Atlanta area. This also changed the OL &DL's that we pulled from the SC area as well.

Just listened to his show.
He said that his anonymous source X in the UTAD is saying:
Fulmer is extremely upset that Pruitt didn’t get us a good transfer QB for this season.
Chaney thinks our two backups have better arms and more football IQ than JG. He wants to try one but CJP vetoed.

I know many here don’t like Basilio or care what he says.
I’m just passing along what he said.
Lol, Chaney doesn’t care who Pruitt has hand the ball off.

Is Fulmer truly a legendary coach? Take away the national championship and what, exactly, does he bring to the table? He’s in over his head just like Pruitt...

Fulmer compiled quite a record and took Tennessee to a NC - not many teams have one of those hanging around, and when you exclude the really old championships when football was something else, it really narrows the field. So, yeah, I'd say Fulmer ranks pretty high with "football legends" ... even more so when you consider the changes in parity that NCAA rules brought over the years. I still think Fulmer's recruiting problems stemmed from the Albert Means scandal and revenge by other SEC teams - especially the faded scarlet A.

But thing about this is that no one knows for sure if they haven't separated themselves from each other. We only have Pruitt's word, now whether or not he's telling the truth idk. We haven't seen either one of them play, so we have no idea how they will handle live action. Again it's just Pruitt's word. Guess we'll find out Saturday if he plays either one of them or not.

I don't think Pruitt would lie about separation or lack of it. However, when I hear coaches go on and on about practice performance and the certainty that practice performance defines a player, then I do question objectivity. If you want to know how a player performs in a game, you have to evaluate the player when he's facing another team out for his head ... lack of preparation will be obvious.

How many would rather take the chance on.losing with BM or JG.Personally,I hope BM is the QB going forward because I rather lose with him and give him a chance than to keep playing JG.I hate to say negative things about JG but he has regressed so much since last year.He played better last year when he was getting killed every play when the play was a pass!

Reactions: AM64 and CA_Vol
Last year JG just dropped back and threw it up for a jump ball.
He didn’t read much.

Now that he has time in the pocket. He is getting exposed as a progression QB.

He is tough as nails, and apprentice all he took for Tennessee. However now that Tennessee has a line that can form a pocket.... It is time to produce or get out of the way.

I'd rather not lose with either of them but I am afraid a huge, steaming pile of losing is heading our way the next couple of months.

Won't make much of a difference who is taking the snaps when they get into the SEC schedule.

Personally don't see why it has to be an either/or situation.

Open the position up and play both in a game and roll with the hot hand if one starts producing.

I truly feel sorry for JG,I know he wants to win as much as us fans but it looks like he is not going to win any games this year with the exception of this week.Play Mauer the rest of the year to see what he can do and get him experience for next year!He has good running skills I saw in the spring game!

Now you're back peddling. When you ask stupid questions & make a dumb comment, this is what you get
How is that back peddling? You do know what rhetorical devices are, right? They’re used in opinion pieces to create a stimulating conversation on a topic. I’m not backpedaling, as I’ve made it quite clear I don’t think he’s a legendary coach nor is her a good AD. Never once have I backpedaled regarding my opinion. You, however, can’t seem to give me a substantial argument to support your point. Good guy, likes UT, represents us well, but he is not a legendary coach or AD.

Pretty sure this is bull, I could see CJP being involved in the defense, but just don't see him getting involved in the offense, or why he would. It's not like he has anything invested in JG, doesn't make sense.

VN Store

Back