Basilio blog saying no Evans or Young for Pitt.

RB is not a position of concern. We have capable backs who given the opportunity will shine. Wright and Pierce will cover down and pick up the slack. Wright is quick and may pose some real issues for the Pitt defense.

I wonder if the "run" is what we might miss from the backs. Picking up pass rushers may be the key that could be missed.

Not a good thing but there's gotta be another running back that can be productive on that team.

Well, Jaylen Wright it’s time to shine youngin

I don't like the odds of Wright being able to stop a blitzing linebacker. They will be limits to what situations in which he can be on the field.

Wasn't he also saying Milton was the second coming of Cam Newton and we'd be scoring points like a pinball machine goin' nuts?

Cam ain't even on a team, and has been going down the last few years. Maybe he's comparing him to the old Cam. Rookie Cam. Fresh off a NCAA Championship Cam.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Wright is going to step up tomorrow have confidence. Even Heuple said he has looked terrific at times in practice. No one knows how good Young will be in a real game so not sure how his loss is considered so catastrophic by some.

Catbone, ("Mark this one as a loss boys.") You may be right, but ...

lee-corso-college.gif

... there's still a game to play.

Reactions: Remy
After the way we ran the ball against BG I believe that sPitt will go all out to stop our running game and that's going to be what hurts them.

I think this week our O playbook gets opened up more and our passing game takes off with 1 QB or another.

Getting the WIN is the only thing that matters to our HC and even though he loves the exciting long balls and quick scores I think he'll settle for the dinks and dunks as long as the chains keep moving and points go on the board.

While we're still going to want to get lined up and snap the ball fast to keep their D off balance and tired I think this is a game that he'll be fine controlling the clock more and keeping their O sitting on the bench where they can't score against us.

We just might see all 3 of our QB's get their chance to prove who's the best passer that can hit their targets in stride, keep the chains moving and keep putting points on the scoreboard.

We might also see the top 2 RB's being the best at pass protection even if another RB is better at running the ball.

If we can't run it then we must be able to pass it to get this WIN.

Whatever it takes and whoever can get it done.

We might see lots of different things in this game and we might get some more questions answered too but that could also just lead to more questions to ponder before we get to the Gator game.

Just get this WIN!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Hard to win without your best RB and best pass rusher when you have little to zero depth. Vols will lose big in this one

Evans definitely has an argument for being our best RB. Young hasn't even played one snap for the Vols.

VN Store

Back