2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s it! Time to dust off the mitt, start taking some ground balls! It’s the only way to get the grey jersey! 😛

Perfect Game like PBR and others does showcases. They give each player a ranking on the different aspects of baseball according to how they see the player position-wise. The scores range from 0-10 with 10 being a first round draft pick and down to shouldn't be playing at all. Normally if you pay the amount for the showcase you will get a 6 or up. The flaw that I see with the system is that if you are being recruited by P5 schools you automatically jump to a 9 or 9.5 because that is their category for top college prospects. PBR uses a similar system and the flaw is still there. I understand they cannot afford to miss on a kid with their rankings but I have seen kids make the jump from 8 to 9.5 when they are recruited by a P5. If the P5 gets it wrong, then PG or PBR can say we weren't the only ones who got it wrong.
They show him as a RHP/UT player but he has a pop time so at some point he was a catcher also. PG profile says he was committed to Washington at some point. It will be interesting to see what they do with him. His pitching velo posted is PG 91 and PBR 89 both in 2021. By the write-ups seems to be a solid all around player.

SIAP

Ole Miss Football pulls trigger on offer to Tennessee baseball commit

Ole Miss jumped into the race for 2024 two-sport star BJ Gibson on Friday. The 6-0, 170-pound athlete out of Wilcox County High School in Rochelle, Ga., is currently committed to Tennessee as a baseball prospect.

Despite being committed to Tennessee to play baseball, football offers have been rolling in for the talented Gibson. In addition to Friday's offer from Ole Miss, Gibson holds football offers from Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas A&M among SEC programs, with other gridiron offers from Coastal Carolina, Florida State, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech and Troy.

SIAP

Ole Miss Football pulls trigger on offer to Tennessee baseball commit

Ole Miss jumped into the race for 2024 two-sport star BJ Gibson on Friday. The 6-0, 170-pound athlete out of Wilcox County High School in Rochelle, Ga., is currently committed to Tennessee as a baseball prospect.

Despite being committed to Tennessee to play baseball, football offers have been rolling in for the talented Gibson. In addition to Friday's offer from Ole Miss, Gibson holds football offers from Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas A&M among SEC programs, with other gridiron offers from Coastal Carolina, Florida State, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech and Troy.
God I hate Lane Kiffin! I wish he would just go away.
GBO!!

On TV's interview with Sports Animal, he said we got some really good news on the recruiting front with a younger kid. Anyone have any insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back