2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2024 recruiting is so hard to get excited about because...
1) It's so far away
2) If they are great prospects, they are probably going pro
very true on both points however the landscape of college baseball vs pro ball for high school kids is changing and will continue to change over the next few years in favor of the college route. However, a high 1st round pick will typically always go the pro route….in most cases.

Reactions: volz2wallz
Being 8th nationally, there is a good chance he heads to the pros. Does having a top flight SS committed, scare off other SS's who might have a better chance of making it to campus?
No not at all. They have 2 of the 5 shortstops in that class committed already. One can play 2nd or 3rd. Ty Southisene is the other one committed. Snyder is a really good student and wants to go to college from what I heard.

Prep baseball report has him ranked 8th overall nationally

PerfectGame does not have him listed in the top ten, and the PBR report that's available to me (April, 21) also does not have him in the top ten. But if PBR has indeed listed him in the top ten, then he's likely not going to sign. But I'll hope otherwise.

PerfectGame does not have him listed in the top ten, and the PBR report that's available to me (April, 21) also does not have him in the top ten. But if PBR has indeed listed him in the top ten, then he's likely not going to sign. But I'll hope otherwise.

Attachments

• 6F2B0C4E-3FFC-4B86-8B65-F9CB51BC4D80.png
    6F2B0C4E-3FFC-4B86-8B65-F9CB51BC4D80.png
    2 MB · Views: 26
Top 10, top 20 whatever the kid is a hell of a talent. I’ve been told by people who would know that he has his eyes on college baseball and it will take a top 1st round grade for him to sign.

Chase Valentine:

Class of 21, now at Central AZ CC. 3B/SS, 5' 11" - 160 lb.

"Chase Valentine is a 2021 SS/3B with a 5-11 160 lb. frame from Phoenix, AZ who attends Sandra Day O'Connor. Athletic and wiry build with slender hips and plenty of room for growth. Ran a 7.32 in the sixty yard dash. A primary infielder, quick and active feet with good stop and start ability to adjust with excellent actions and a very quick release. Strong and accurate arm with the ability to change angles with confidence. A right-handed hitter, starts with a spread bases and has small actions that allow the process to be efficient and accurate. Good bat to ball skills and excellent all fields approach. Impact coming as strength is added. Advanced skills on both sides of the ball. Very good student."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back