2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got informed this morning that my cousin, and ring bearer in my wedding (hard to believe it’s been that long) of Hazel Green was contacted over the weekend by the UT staff asking him to come on a visit ASAP so he will be in Knoxville this coming weekend. He comes from a family of Bammers but they’re very good friends with the Beck family so hopefully Jordan has some influence this weekend.

Jackson Hunter Class of 2024 - Player Profile | Perfect Game USA

lol

Might want to delete this post before the ncaa finds it

Here’s a recent interview with Ty from a few weeks ago. Apparently he is the top ranked player in Nevada for 2024. He was originally committed to San Diego State but opened up his recruitment. Factors important to him in his recruitment? Fanbase and coaches who let him be himself. 😊

I think he gave a great interview!

Last edited:
Kids aren’t allowed to visit or talk to coaches at this age? We have a commit from a 2025 kid already; how does that work?

Edit: now see above me that we received another 2024 kid.

No they aren’t allowed to visit with coaches

And coaches aren’t allowed to contact them either

it’s one the dumbest things I have ever seen in recruiting. Kids commit to coaches they have never met face to face at least legally anyways

Last edited:
No they aren’t allowed to visit with coaches

And coaches aren’t allowed to contact them either

it’s one the dumbest things I have ever seen in recruiting. Kids commit to coaches they have never met face to face at least legally anyways
On the most basic level I understand a commitment from a 14 yr old is worth less than what’s in my couch cushions but how does one commit to a school and a coach accept that commitment if they’re not communicating? A kid puts it on Twitter and it literally means nothing since that coach can’t theoretically accept it anyway?

On the most basic level I understand a commitment from a 14 yr old is worth less than what’s in my couch cushions but how does one commit to a school and a coach accept that commitment if they’re not communicating? A kid puts it on Twitter and it literally means nothing since that coach can’t theoretically accept it anyway?

That all makes complete sense, but if you’re a 14-year old watching this past season, how could you not commit to Tony V?

Reactions: Vol_Mama

the kids can call the coaches. Coaches aren’t supposed to “arrange” that communication but they do

Good to have you VolMama. Enjoy the ride but know that it will be tough to be on here regularly with a player on the team. Good luck. Some great people and some drive-bys that will make you mad whether it is your kid or a teammate they are talking about. Don't read the gameday posts until after the game if your son is playing.

My son was offered his scholarship when he was in the 8th grade. It was a little less than a year after he did his first PG showcase. The coaches at TN sent a message for us to call them. They could accept our calls but couldn’t initiate calls.

sending a message asking for a call is against the rules as well but happens all time

Just curious was a specific dollar amount or % offered?

Yes. A dollar amount. However; it was conditional to increase based on his projected development. He was throwing 89mph as a 14yr old. The TN coaches knew and spoke with his travel team coach and the travel coach relayed to us that they would like for us to call them. From the best I understand, they didn’t break any rules. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We talked to them and set up a visit with another class of 2021 prospect and both were offered at that visit. My son, without hesitation verbally committed at barely 15yrs old. Tennessee is his dream school. 🍊🔥 The other 2021 prospect committed also, months later.

My son was offered his scholarship when he was in the 8th grade. It was a little less than a year after he did his first PG showcase. The coaches at TN sent a message for us to call them. They could accept our calls but couldn’t initiate calls.

I'll also welcome you to Volnation! We love Vol baseball, although as noted, sometimes that passion spills over into some grumpy or callous posts. However, for each misbehaving fan there will be 10 more to run them off! Best of luck to your son and we'll enjoy cheering for him.

Yes. A dollar amount. However; it was conditional to increase based on his projected development. He was throwing 89mph as a 14yr old. The TN coaches knew and spoke with his travel team coach and the travel coach relayed to us that they would like for us to call them. From the best I understand, they didn’t break any rules. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We talked to them and set up a visit with another class of 2021 prospect and both were offered at that visit. My son, without hesitation verbally committed at barely 15yrs old. Tennessee is his dream school. 🍊🔥 The other 2021 prospect committed also, months later.

If your son met face to face with coaches there was 100% a violation

was it was camp related? I watched it at wvu for a month Randy Mazey and my son talked all the time about offers from 16 up. He did not go there fyi.

camps are certainly legal but the op didn’t say it was a camp. He said it was a visit

Reactions: PYSCHO
He will be a top 20 rated player in the 25 class. Also there is a huge commitment coming soon in the 2024 class. 2024 class is going to be loaded!
That's high praise in 2021. You must really know your baseball. I don't understand how you project that far in the future.

That's high praise in 2021. You must really know your baseball. I don't understand how you project that far in the future.
It’s not that hard when they are that good. If you look at the top rated players when they are freshman and compare to when they are seniors they don’t change much in the top 20. I also was saying when the ranking posts for that class, not necessarily when they finish out. The kid is far and away the best player in Missouri in 2025.

Reactions: Bigun and td23
It’s not that hard when they are that good. If you look at the top rated players when they are freshman and compare to when they are seniors they don’t change much in the top 20. I also was saying when the ranking posts for that class, not necessarily when they finish out. The kid is far and away the best player in Missouri in 2025.
I hope I get to watch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back