2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors he is using HGH?

He's not using PED's. That's total bologna. :rolleyes:

His scouting report..."Burns has a strong 6-foot-4 build but is more physical than athletic. ". He's just a big boy and has been that way. Nothing's changed except for better coaching.

Reactions: 3-2Count
If Burns is actually a second round pick, a strong argument can be made by CV that he should develop in the college game and get really big signing money later, rather than small money now and riding minor league buses for three plus years. That's what Vanderbilt does to get their top pitching prospects to stay.

If Burns is actually a second round pick, a strong argument can be made by CV that he should develop in the college game and get really big signing money later, rather than small money now and riding minor league buses for three plus years. That's what Vanderbilt does to get their top pitching prospects to stay.

Yep a majority of vandy commits in that spot end up in school. That’s the next step for the Vols

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Sooooo, now we’re just a step away, or we still can’t compete at all?

Well getting one to do it is a start and getting kids to do it year in and year out is what it’s going to take

Kind of like “one small step for one and one giant leap for mankind”

Well getting one to do it is a start and getting kids to do it year in and year out is what it’s going to take

Kind of like “one small step for one and one giant leap for mankind”

Yeah, two weeks ago Tidwell “hit the wall” today he’s throwing 98 and location is good.

I think it’s actually the reverse for some folks, can’t explain it so it’s just dumb luck.

Sometimes the proof is in the pudding.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Yeah, two weeks ago Tidwell “hit the wall” today he’s throwing 98 and location is good.

I think it’s actually the reverse for some folks, can’t explain it so it’s just dumb luck.

Sometimes the proof is in the pudding.

Tidwell was showing signs in that slump of possibly hitting a wall. It was worth paying attention to at one point for sure but I don’t think anyone ever said he’d hit a wall and was never getting back on track

Reactions: vol66
Tidwell was showing signs in that slump of possibly hitting a wall. It was worth paying attention to at one point for sure but I don’t think anyone ever said he’d hit a wall and was never getting back on track

No, I reckon not. I guess we should all just be amazed he’s not at VU.

Ok man, I give you props, you move the goal posts with the best of ‘em.

No earthy idea what you are talking about: identifying kids before vandy does has always been a key and will continue to be a key with instate kids. I said it the day TV was hired on this board that he would be darn good at that and he has been even though Tidwell was under CDS watch

No earthy idea what you are talking about: identifying kids before vandy does has always been a key and will continue to be a key with instate kids. I said it the day TV was hired on this board that he would be darn good at that and he has been even though Tidwell was under CDS watch

I believe you said you will never respect CTV but will always support the program. Is that correct?

I believe you said you will never respect CTV but will always support the program. Is that correct?

Not even close To what I said.

I have said I respect the hell out of TV for the job he’s doing.

I said when he was hired he was exactly the kind of aggressive recruiter that was needed to win

I have said I can’t support that kind of recruiting he does and that I don’t support the program. You haven’t seen any celebratory post from me this year and you won’t. Sorry

Not even close To what I said.

I have said I respect the hell out of TV for the job he’s doing.

I said when he was hired he was exactly the kind of aggressive recruiter that was needed to win

I have said I can’t support that kind of recruiting he does and that I don’t support the program. You haven’t seen any celebratory post from me this year and you won’t. Sorry

Uh... I am not not waiting for you to celebrate, that’s not your thing...this thread is about recruiting, the last couple posts have been about one prospect, just curious... I mean it’s a complex argument you make... VU has an advantage, CTV tries, within the current structure, to compete and you fault him for it?

Is there a rule being broken? Is there a gentleman handshake, what? I’m not trying to get you on board, I am just trying to make an honest gesture to understand why you believe what you do.

Neither one of us forget much, you said we got off easy with the schedule, due to not playing a Mississippi school. We finished ahead of both and we beat MSU. This year. Maybe that’s not enough, but it’s the best this program has been in a really long time, easily.

Uh... I am not not waiting for you to celebrate, that’s not your thing...this thread is about recruiting, the last couple posts have been about one prospect, just curious... I mean it’s a complex argument you make... VU has an advantage, CTV tries, within the current structure, to compete and you fault him for it?

Is there a rule being broken? Is there a gentleman handshake, what? I’m not trying to get you on board, I am just trying to make an honest gesture to understand why you believe what you do.

Neither one of us forget much, you said we got off easy with the schedule, due to not playing a Mississippi school. We finished ahead of both and we beat MSU. This year. Maybe that’s not enough, but it’s the best this program has been in a really long time, easily.

66 I don’t fault him. I’ve said many times I think it’s the only way to win here with the obstacles to get past to do so.

with that said I draw the line of where I think a program should cross and I just can’t support it when that line is crossed even it increases the opportunity to win. I am just not a win at all cost kind of guy

66 I don’t fault him. I’ve said many times I think it’s the only way to win here with the obstacles to get past to do so.

with that said I draw the line of where I think a program should cross and I just can’t support it when that line is crossed even it increases the opportunity to win. I am just not a win at all cost kind of guy

So what’s the line being crossed? Pardon my ignorance, I stopped following recruiting a long time ago.

So what’s the line being crossed? Pardon my ignorance, I stopped following recruiting a long time ago.

Over signing to the degree where it’s more than just protecting yourself from the draft and more about getting as many commitments as possible so as just to cull the bottom
Of the group year after year. Arkansas has been doing that for years and it was obviously going to be something TV knows and does very well from the jump.

Over signing to the degree where it’s more than just protecting yourself from the draft and more about getting as many commitments as possible so as just to cull the bottom
Of the group year after year. Arkansas has been doing that for years and it was obviously going to be something TV knows and does very well from the jump.

Is it your contention that parents and athletes don’t know this? Because, even with the COVID bloated rosters, seems like the kids waiting their turn are happy to be a part of the team. The clubhouse, in other words, seems tight.

But thanks for clarifying and helping me out on that.

Is it your contention that parents and athletes don’t know this? Because, even with the COVID bloated rosters, seems like the kids waiting their turn are happy to be a part of the team. The clubhouse, in other words, seems tight.

But thanks for clarifying and helping me out on that.

I can tell you with first hand knowledge that there are a number of players and families that feel they have been lied to by this staff. There are others than feel like everything has been done properly and loves them.

The fact is college baseball recruiting as a whole is broken and it’s a shame. TV is just operating within a system that is complicated and sleazy. It’s not primarily TVs fault it’s the ncaa faults.

I can tell you with first hand knowledge that there are a number of players and families that feel they have been lied to by this staff. There are others than feel like everything has been done properly and loves them.

The fact is college baseball recruiting as a whole is broken and it’s a shame. TV is just operating within a system that is complicated and sleazy. It’s not primarily TVs fault it’s the ncaa faults.

Welp, I won’t get on my soapbox about all that is wrong with college sports, but you can’t build a program, especially in the SEC, on BS. It won’t last. Especially with a transfer portal. I think by the time these kids start PG’ing, they know what’s up.

We don’t agree but BruinVol has been consistent on his line. I think anyone who is saying they were lied to hears what they want and does not understand P5 recruiting. I told mine if you want to play SEC ball you have to compete for a jersey before you get to compete against the other teams. If you can’t win a spot, you need to move on. I think the coaches are really honest but you have to hear what they say not what you want to hear. I disagree with BruinVol that you have to recruit big numbers and know not everyone will stay. Some great HS players will not be able to compete in SEC. they find the level in which they can compete. I blame that on families not coaches. Some don’t do research. I could tell you past rosters for Coach V and Anderson and UT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back