2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s pretty easy to find high school commits, but JUCO is harder. I know we have Dayton Dooney committed. Any other Jucos coming in next year? CTV has really gotten some good players out of the JUCO ranks.

Article on Burns:

His fastball topped out at 101 miles per hour during a tryout Under Armour All-American Game making it the fastest he's ever thrown his fastball. Working off of that, Burns has developed his fastball to consistently hit in the high 90's, inching close to 100 along with a curveball topping out at 80, a slider hitting between 86-88 and a changeup somewhere between 85-88 mph. The development on pitches has paid off as Burns has a 6-0 record with a 0.73 ERA, only five earned runs, 14 walks and 113 strikeouts in 49.1 innings pitched.

...In Beech's 10-1 win over Rossview in the Region 5-AAA semifinals, Burns was nearly unhittable allowing just one hit and striking out 16 in what may have been his best outing this season. "My father always preaches about confidence so I always have it on whatever pitch I'm throwing," Burns said. "It was a pretty big accomplishment when I hit 100 for the first time. I know I need to keep working on it though. "Everyone can hit a fastball, no matter what level you're at, so you have to go out there and compete with pitches knowing what to throw next and I've really worked on developing all of my pitches."

Beech coach Josh Carman is in his second full season as the Buccaneers coach and has found his nights a little easier when Burns is on the mound. "Guys like Chase come around probably once in a young guy's coaching career," Carman said. "Just to be able to be a part of his journey and help him along the way is special for me and special for this team. It's been a lot of fun. Tennessee may have an idea of what they're getting with him but I don't know if they know just how good he really is. His work ethic, his ability on the mound, his attitude and humbleness, he's the full package."

Tennessee baseball signee Chase Burns and his 101 mph fastball win fans

The fact that we got commitments from Burns (#39 MLB prospect) and House (#6 MLB prospect) shows how far we've come in such a short time.

Yep. The next step though is convincing guys like House & Burns to go the college route instead of the minors.

Serrano had some highly rated, elite prospects committed (*cough* Mookie Betts *cough*), but he could never convince them to stay.

House is likely gone as he is projected Top-10 and you don't turn that type of money down, but if he could keep a guy like Burns it would go a long way to taking the next step.

Reactions: StarRaider
Yep. The next step though is convincing guys like House & Burns to go the college route instead of the minors.

Serrano had some highly rated, elite prospects committed (*cough* Mookie Betts *cough*), but he could never convince them to stay.

House is likely gone as he is projected Top-10 and you don't turn that type of money down, but if he could keep a guy like Burns it would go a long way to taking the next step.
I was around CDS and assistants during one day of the draft. They were nervous and jumped when they got a text. Constantly wondering if they had lost a recruit or would have to re-recruit them hoping they’d get to campus.

Saw Jim Callis’ updated mock today and it didn’t have Burns in the 1st round. Doesn’t mean he can’t be taken or can’t go later and still go pro, but maybe there’s some hope there that he’s hearing Burns may be a tough sign as well. Also, no shock - but had House going #5.

Betts is phenomenal now but was nowhere close to the type of prospect as Burns or House. I know he partly slid because of money, but he was drafted 172nd. Who was the last top 50 draft prospect we signed?

I totally agree about Burns (slim chance) and House (no chance) making it to Knoxville and the impact.

Well tifwiw but the rumors are flying that he’s dropping down the board because of the Body and it’s not what you think. There is some questions about how the body got to where it is

Genetics? He’s just a “country strong” big boy. He’s not a chiseled specimen. If anything, he’s a little on the fluffy side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back