2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the summer circuit I’m sure he got his money worth. From what I’m hearing it would be a complete surprise if he isn’t in the weekend rotation. My early guess for that is Crochet, Sewell and Gilbert

wow, he's already that good huh?...nice...I'm sure he'll get a chance to show his stuff...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Wow. That's ridiculous. Is 48 innings per year normal?

One start a week, 7 inning games in high school. He was 8-0. Sounds about right. Got about 6 innings per start out of him. Probably on a pitch count.

A smart coach spring or summer is only throwing a kid once a week. Only two months of H.S. season in TN unless you go deep into the playoffs. Probably less in MN. Similar schedule in summer. June and July is about it.

Reactions: RollerVol
"They've had recent success, and they're No. 1 right now in recruiting," Beam said

We are? That's great if true.
I said it before on here and was laughed at by some. Mark my word they will be toe to toe with Vanderbilt really soon. The 2021 will be top 5 and this class coming has the most top 500 recruits coming in according to Prep Baseball Report.

I said it before on here and was laughed at by some. Mark my word they will be toe to toe with Vanderbilt really soon. The 2021 will be top 5 and this class coming has the most top 500 recruits coming in according to Prep Baseball Report.

No chance that the tenn roster ever produces the quality and quantity of Mlb drafts as Vandy with any kind of consistency. Zero chance

No chance that the tenn roster ever produces the quality and quantity of Mlb drafts as Vandy with any kind of consistency. Zero chance
We will see. The gap is closing pretty damn quick. Got 2 big time in state commitments in one night. The 2021 class will be right there with them as was this one coming in with depth.

Might be true I have no idea. My opinion is based on TV’s track record and reputation as a great recruiter at Missouri, TCU and Arkansas. Was considered the best recruiter in the country. He has had the 6th and 8th ranked classes so far at UT and his 2021 is currently 6th and neck and neck with Vandy. The gap between the 2 programs is getting closer that is all I’m saying. Time will tell I guess I could be wrong but that is just my opinion.

Might be true I have no idea. My opinion is based on TV’s track record and reputation as a great recruiter at Missouri, TCU and Arkansas. Was considered the best recruiter in the country. He has had the 6th and 8th ranked classes so far at UT and his 2021 is currently 6th and neck and neck with Vandy. The gap between the 2 programs is getting closer that is all I’m saying. Time will tell I guess I could be wrong but that is just my opinion.

I don’t want you to get me wrong. TV is recruiting great but we are talking the greatest recruiting machine/mlb developing program in perhaps the history of the game. Vandy simply has too much going for them and to many advantages for us to ever catch them and that doesn’t mean TV isn’t going a heck of a job

Last edited:
Bruin...nothing but respect for you and the other true Vol Nation guys, so please receive this a genuine question. No chance ever...zero chance? I gues I have always held out hope that changes to 11.7, title 9, or Hope/ lottery could somehow benefit Basevols of the future. At risk of a chicken and egg argument...continuing facilities improvements and the potential for a much bigger fan base when they win can mean TV staffs can make some compelling cases to pick Orange. You can fairly accuse me of being overly optimistic right now, but is it really true you do not imagine UT can ever catch Vandy...ever. I mean...I really do not like the Whistler...or black and gold for that matter.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Bruin...nothing but respect for you and the other true Vol Nation guys, so please receive this a genuine question. No chance ever...zero chance? I gues I have always held out hope that changes to 11.7, title 9, or Hope/ lottery could somehow benefit Basevols of the future. At risk of a chicken and egg argument...continuing facilities improvements and the potential for a much bigger fan base when they win can mean TV staffs can make some compelling cases to pick Orange. You can fairly accuse me of being overly optimistic right now, but is it really true you do not imagine UT can ever catch Vandy...ever. I mean...I really do not like the Whistler...or black and gold for that matter.

I probably should change my op I agree with the condition of “under the same staffs and ncaa rules”.

So to change my op: Tenn will never match the roster of a Tim Corbin led Vandy program under the current ncaa rules on a consistent basis

As much as I would love to disagree with Bruin, he is right. They have too many advantages at this point and the system does not allow UT to catch up. i think the coaching staff is doing a fantastic job and the gap will close quickly but Vandy will always have the advantage. That does not mean we can't beat them on the field or finish higher than them but our guys and coaches will have to work really hard which I hope they will. The positive is to close the gap to the smallest amount that the system will allow.

BV, you may be right but, with the staff we have and the outstanding recruiting being done, I just have to believe we'll get to the CWS in 2-3 years...plus, I have no choice but too believe...that's how I roll...:D

PS. long term performance...well, we'll just have to wait and see...;)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back