BaseVol Commit List (2018+)

6-4-3

2022....just blows my mind how recruiting has become. These kids haven’t even gotten to high school yet. Just finished 8th grade and headed to 9th.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Saw where we’re ranked No. 6 in the 2018 recruiting rankings. Didn’t realize we were that high. Vitello getting it done?

Saw where we’re ranked No. 6 in the 2018 recruiting rankings. Didn’t realize we were that high. Vitello getting it done?
I'd feel a little better if the average player number was around 6ish...having 21 commits plays a big factor in the ranking as well.

OTOH, he's known as a great talent evaluator/recruiter and so he'll get a little patience from me. The 2020 class could potentially be a great one.

VolGee4

I don't know if any of that is going on, but I know this. No athlete on a scholarship, male or female, should have to be on a partial.

Not with the money the AD brings in every year.

It is ridiculous, beyond ridiculous...10 million a year would probably fund full rides, think about it...That's about Nick Saban's salary for a year...not saying he doesn't deserve it, but...it says something about our collective priorities in terms of education.

Back to baseball recruiting...

If we want to continue on this topic, we should start a thread outside this one which is for recruiting/commitments/signees.
I know you know this, but baseball players can also qualify for academic scholarship money, which would offset the partial scholarship.

But, it's not a money issue. It's a Title 9 issue. I am sure any SEC school would be glad to shell out more scholarship money for better players, but they can't.

Back to recruiting...so we really have 4 catchers committed for this year?

Volsbaseballfan1

I know you know this, but baseball players can also qualify for academic scholarship money, which would offset the partial scholarship.

But, it's not a money issue. It's a Title 9 issue. I am sure any SEC school would be glad to shell out more scholarship money for better players, but they can't.

Back to recruiting...so we really have 4 catchers committed for this year?
No Hoehner decommitted and enrolled at Texas A&M. They have 3 coming in.

Volsbaseballfan1

2021 recruit Brady House has moved to the 3rd ranked player overall in the class of 2021. To get a player like that out of Georgia is a testiment to the momentum the program has right now in the recruiting circles.

VN Store

Sponsors