Baseball Vols to play Tenn Tech tonight

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
We need a win after the losses to MSU.

They also fell to #12 in the latest Baseball America poll.

Freak -

I won't be able to make it tonight, as my son's team is practicing (I'm the coach, so I have to be there). You going?

Seems like I've missed more games this year than the last 3 years combined (His team, VolHoops, etc.).

Be there and ready Friday, though. We've got to get it going; SEC time.

We may have too many freshman at critical spots to have a gaudy record, but we'll still be good. Just got get to B'ham and get a regional bid.

Perry

(Perry Parris @ Mar 21 said:
Freak -

I won't be able to make it tonight, as my son's team is practicing (I'm the coach, so I have to be there). You going?

Seems like I've missed more games this year than the last 3 years combined (His team, VolHoops, etc.).

Be there and ready Friday, though. We've got to get it going; SEC time.

We may have too many freshman at critical spots to have a gaudy record, but we'll still be good. Just got get to B'ham and get a regional bid.

Perry
I'm not going to head over ther either. I'ts raining here right now so who knows if we will even get it in. I am definitely ready for some SEC home games.

I was worried about the weather, too. Been dry today in SE Tenn, but never know what will happen.

See ya Friday. Let's whip the BatCats!

Looks like we added a game against Hartford tomorrow.

Hey Guys, I have a ? re the baseball team. Do either of you know how many freshmen we are starting this year? I know that Josh Lindblomb is. How about Frazier? Is he starting anywhere? We are definitely a young team this year, and we are going to take our lumps, but I think this group of guys is capable of getting it done once they mature, and get a little more experience. Thanks in advance.

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!

I don't think Frazier has been starting any but Tony Delmonico and Cody Brown have.

I don't even pay attention to college baseball, but if the Vols had come to Cookeville for that game I would have at least went by for batting practice or something.

(MississippiVol @ Mar 21 said:
Hey Guys, I have a ? re the baseball team. Do either of you know how many freshmen we are starting this year? I know that Josh Lindblomb is. How about Frazier? Is he starting anywhere? We are definitely a young team this year, and we are going to take our lumps, but I think this group of guys is capable of getting it done once they mature, and get a little more experience. Thanks in advance.
GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!

As mentioned elsewhere: Tony Delmonico starts at SS, Cody Brown at 3B, and Jarred Frazier in LF - all true frosh. Josh Lindblom is our #2 starter as a true frosh, and several of our middle relievers - Ryne Simpson, Danny Wiltz, and Aaron Everett (who got his first action tonight against TennTech) are true frosh. Add Ryan Jones (OF/1B) and you can see the youth in this lineup.

Youth will produce some ups and downs, but if this group (along with our "flaming sophs") can stay together....wow! They are going to produce a lot of wins down the line.

Go BaseVols!

Sorry, I didn't realize Frazier started. I don't know why???

Perry is the man though, he knows his stuff.

VN Store

Back