Baseball Vols Open Home Schedule this weekend

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The 19th-ranked Tennessee baseball team begins its 2007 home schedule this weekend with a three-game series against Eastern Michigan at Lindsey Nelson Stadium. The series begins with a 3 p.m. contest on Friday, while Saturday and Sunday's games begin at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., respectively.

The Vols (0-3) have won their last five meetings with the Eagles and lead the all-time series 14-6. The series will mark the second straight year in which the Vols have opened the season against EMU. Last season, Tennessee took both games of a Friday doubleheader 3-2. The finale of the series was cancelled due to inclement weather.

Friday's game will be Eastern Michigan's first action of the season. After their series in Knoxville, the Eagles go on a 12-game road-trip that will take them from Columbia, S.C., to Tucson, Ariz.

Knoxville native Craig Cobb (0-1, 12.15 ERA) is scheduled to start Friday's opener against Eagles right-hander Jeff Fischer.

Tennessee left-hander James Adkins (0-1, 1.80 ERA) will take the hill Saturday against senior right-hander George Biddle. Adkins allowed only two runs (one earned) on two hits, with two walks and five strikeouts in his first start of the season at No. 13 Florida State last weekend.

Sunday's contest matches a pair of sophomores as UT's Lance McClain (0-1, 81.00 ERA) goes up against EMU's Craig Bate.

Offensively, Tennessee is led by junior outfielder Shawn Griffin who is batting .500 with five hits and two walks last weekend against Florida State.

The Volunteers have won 14 of their last 16 home-opening series and boast a .814 winning percentage in those games.

UT BASEBALL GAME TIME CHANGES--

Since the initial release of the 2007 Tennessee baseball schedule, some game times have changed. The new start times may differ from those listed on previously-distributed promotional materials such as pocket and magnet schedules.

Game New Time
April 14 vs. Mississippi St. 7 p.m. ET
April 21 at Vanderbilt 6 p.m. CT
April 27 at LSU 7 p.m. CT
April 28 at LSU 3 p.m. CT
April 29 at LSU 1 p.m. CT
May 12 vs. South Carolina 7 p.m. ET
May 19 at Florida noon ET

Updated: 02/08/07, 12:40p est

Story Courtesy: UT Sports Information

I am still trying to understand the login of moving the Saturday game to 11:30 when the basketball game is at 1:00. I guess a person could watch for an hour before heading to the Tommy Bowl.

"I am still trying to understand the login of moving the Saturday game to 11:30 when the basketball game is at 1:00. I guess a person could watch for an hour before heading to the Tommy Bowl." - sayeth the freak...

That person would be me. I hate when our sports favorites conflict. Hopefully we will be up on EMU early and not have to sweat the small stuff while serious business is on the table in good 'ol TBA.

Freak -

Looking forward to it tomorrow. Hope the weather is a little warmer than it has been. My son is out of school and ready to roll with me - I'm "working from home" tomorrow (wink, wink)....life is good...it's baseball time in Tennessee!

Freak -

Looking forward to it tomorrow. Hope the weather is a little warmer than it has been. My son is out of school and ready to roll with me - I'm "working from home" tomorrow (wink, wink)....life is good...it's baseball time in Tennessee!
See ya there. I hope it's not too cold. :)

I am still trying to understand the login of moving the Saturday game to 11:30 when the basketball game is at 1:00. I guess a person could watch for an hour before heading to the Tommy Bowl.

I'm trying to understand the login too. :crazy: :)

LOGIC, stupid typos. :the_finger:

VN Store

Back