Baseball Encouragement

Captain Awesome

This is not a Tennessee story, this is a baseball story. Baseball is an incredible game that can often be quite cruel. So I hope this article helps ease the sting and encourages some of you who, like me, are feeling pretty gloomy after yesterday's loss. I have always had dual loyalties to Tennessee and Mississippi State. I was born in Mississippi. My mom and both of her brothers went to State. One brother played baseball there. My grandfather played baseball there for Dudy Noble and also taught there. Lots of family history at that school. But mom did her master's at Tennessee and met my dad while he was in school there and I grew up in Knoxville. Mississippi State winning the College World Series last year had a unique and very special meaning to my family and the Starkville Daily News was kind enough to publish an article that I wrote about it. I hope it encourages some of you. GBO.

Ode to the 2021 Diamond Dawgs

This is not a Tennessee story, this is a baseball story. Baseball is an incredible game that can often be quite cruel. So I hope this article helps ease the sting and encourages some of you who, like me, are feeling pretty gloomy after yesterday's loss. I have always had dual loyalties to Tennessee and Mississippi State. I was born in Mississippi. My mom and both of her brothers went to State. One brother played baseball there. My grandfather played baseball there for Dudy Noble and also taught there. Lots of family history at that school. But mom did her master's at Tennessee and met my dad while he was in school there and I grew up in Knoxville. Mississippi State winning the College World Series last year had a unique and very special meaning to my family and the Starkville Daily News was kind enough to publish an article that I wrote about it. I hope it encourages some of you. GBO.

Ode to the 2021 Diamond Dawgs
Good read Jeremy. Thanks for posting.

VN Store

Back