Barnes screwed up for two reasons: 1) didn’t leave Uros in long enough at the beginning 2) he played key way too much

WhenUrVolUrVFL

Key played like ****. He was out of position on defense and inept on offense. Uros was having his way and when he was in the game, we were dominating. I don’t know what Barnes was thinking with Key, but upon a rewatch—Nkumhua and Key were the 2 negative difference makers.

Also Josiah Jordan James is 6’9 and a helluva guy, but he plays like he’s worried about hurting the other team’s feelings. He needs that killer instinct.

Key played like ****. He was out of position on defense and inept on offense. Uros was having his way and when he was in the game, we were dominating. I don’t know what Barnes was thinking with Key, but upon a rewatch—Nkumhua and Key were the 2 negative difference makers.

Also Josiah Jordan James is 6’9 and a helluva guy, but he plays like he’s worried about hurting the other team’s feelings. He needs that killer instinct.

Mashak picked up 2 fouls in the first half. Also, Aidoo plays for Uros, and Aidoo had a good game, too and was better defensively. FAU started hedging on Uros with a second defender, and he turned it over one time. Just things I recall.

Mashak picked up 2 fouls in the first half. Also, Aidoo plays for Uros, and Aidoo had a good game, too and was better defensively. FAU started hedging on Uros with a second defender, and he turned it over one time. Just things I recall.

Mashack’s fouls were swamp ********. We got some really really suspect calls upon re-watch. The uros flagrant was absolute horse ****. And when FAU started to get the lead they called an egregious offensive foul on Aidoo on Goldin who is one grimey son of a bitch. He rolled into Vescovi to prevent him getting on a permiter for a big 3. No call. I just watched him leg take down from Kansas State too. He’s a floppy punk.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

JJJ is 6’6”.
Josiah-Jordan James - Men's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: SlyStone
With ZZ out, it was difficult matching up with a 4 guard opponent. Without a shot clock TN’s size would have been an advantage. But the game is fast paced and 2 bigs will always struggle when one is guarding a perimeter player.

The only thing i didn’t agree with was us going away from Uros early on. He got 2 quick scores. It’s not sexy but go with it until it doesn’t work.

Can’t be too bad though cause we went into half with the lead.

Reactions: Vol4life2
There was a misevaluation with Key. I think the coaching staff realized that fairly early on and tried to limit the bad situations he could be put in. Friday night was one of those situations based on the way FAU plays...

There was a misevaluation with Key. I think the coaching staff realized that fairly early on and tried to limit the bad situations he could be put in. Friday night was one of those situations based on the way FAU plays...

It was a reasonable shot. He had several consecutive years putting up good numbers before having to sit out the prior year with an injury. Plus he was a TN native that wanted to be here.

Reactions: EasternVol
It was a reasonable shot. He had several consecutive years putting up good numbers before having to sit out the prior year with an injury. Plus he was a TN native that wanted to be here.
Yep. I really ignored his injury and based my expectations on what he'd done prior to that. Just felt he'd be one of those tough, sneaky kinda guys who, despite their physical limitations, just finds a way to penetrate and dish or get a shot off. Really thought he'd be a great get and help us a lot this year. As usual, I was wro...wro.....not entirely right.

Agree with everything. Especially when we needed any kind of offensive spark.

I’m glad this was Key’s one and only year…

Reactions: Hoggervol

I think Uros picked up two fouls. Barnes also said he played too emotional.

Reactions: posivol
Stop recruiting highly rated players. Apparently the key is guys who feel under valued with bigger hearts.

Triple J musta had a growth spurt I was unaware of. Thanks for the update! 😂

Yea should have ridden the Uros train more early on.. he literally had the other team scared and was keeping us ahead….Phillips was playing great D, then Barnes pulled him with 3 minutes left in first half, and we started letting our lead slide, let them hit 2 threes…

Then in 2nd half, we are stil up by 6 points I think, then Barnes pulls Phillips for JJJ… then they go on that crazy 16-2 run…. During that run Barnes pulls Aidoo after he made 2 free throws, and puts in Uros and Olivier…To me he was playing too many tall players vs a 4 guard offense…

Barnes substitutions were crazy.. he was subbing all over the place, yanking dudes..
FAU would sub and go on a run…we would sub and yank dudes out after 1-2 minutes and their confidence went into the commode…

Our coaches did an awful job with the subs, Personnel, and offensive plays/ confidence… I barely saw us set any screens or have any type of plan on offense at all….

I had a great view too…I was sitting on the floor smh 🤦‍♂️

The only thing i didn’t agree with was us going away from Uros early on. He got 2 quick scores. It’s not sexy but go with it until it doesn’t work.

Can’t be too bad though cause we went into half with the lead.
I think the roles reversed when the charge call against Uros early in the 2nd half when the defender was within the arc. Kinda made Uros hesitant from then on out.

Well, if we are going to debrief it’s pretty simple—we need pure shooters who are neither hot or cold but dependable. This hot, cold, up, down, mojo swings all season long are because of this. Uros, or any other big guy in the middle, becomes less of an issue if you have a couple of Wild Bill Hickocks, that can shoot the heck out of it well outside the 3 point line, backing the big guys up. FAU burned us on the perimeter. GBO.

JJJ is 6'6. Phillips is 6'9.

VN Store

Back