Barnes said he would be at UCLA if buyout was paid

See a lot of folks saying they appreciate his honesty, but there are honest ways he could've answered the question without just coming out and saying that. Yikes.

Seems obvious to me that he wasn’t happy about something at Tennessee. I’ve never heard a coach publicly admit something like this.

See a lot of folks saying they appreciate his honesty, but there are honest ways he could've answered the question without just coming out and saying that. Yikes.

Indeed, some things are better left unsaid. Nothing like telling a fan base with high expectations that they are really a second choice after becoming what....the third highest paid coach in college basketball? Questionable decision, Rick.

NeglectedDamagedIbadanmalimbe-small.gif

I guess, at this point, the best thing to do would be to move on from the comment, regain the positive outlook for he is and will remain our coach. Just get behind him and hope his recruiting takes off and we return to the sweet 16 level sooner rather than later. Nothing to be gained by continuing down this particular path IMO.

You guys want honesty and transparency. You got it
Kinda reminds me of Bull Durham scene:

Annie Savoy: Listen, sweetheart, you shouldn't listen to what a woman says when she's in the throes of passion. They say the darndest things.
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Yeah, you said "Crash"!
Annie Savoy: Honey, would you rather I were making love to him using your name, or making love to you using his name?

Seems obvious to me that he wasn’t happy about something at Tennessee. I’ve never heard a coach publicly admit something like this.
He explained that it was nothing against Tennessee but that the UCLA job did hold a high sense of prestige for him with their history and he referenced a meeting with John Wooden from years ago. It's a sensitive bunch on here so I'm not surprised the instinct is to take it personally but I don't believe that is how it was intended.

Think about "The Godfather" for a minute... "This is nothing personal, Sonny.... It's just business." - Michael Corleone

We are not the job to end all jobs for Barnes... but why should we be? He is not an alum; nor is he from Tennessee. He is here for the money. So, just be glad we have a good coach and expect him to earn that fat salary he is now getting. Go Vols!!!!

VN Store

Back