Barnes redemption tour

By staying he saved the Vol program from another potential embarrassing hire from the coaching roulette wheel.
That's all going to seem fine and dandy until he begins to only win 12-13 games a year.

He’s coached for 32 years and has only had 3 losing seasons, and 15 games is the lowest his teams have ever won. Not sure his teams will ever win just 12 or 13 games.
Hopefully that's going to change and we can hear "I told you so" for 500 internet points.

He didn't listen to another school, he actively pursued the UCLA job because he doesn't have an agent. All that being said, I dont care one way or the other.
People whose glasses are so Orange colored they can't see reality are usually the Butt Hurt Ones.
People whose glasses are so Orange colored they can't see reality are usually the Butt Hurt Ones.
You are 100% correct , take the orange glasses off he said he considered taking the job , they wouldn't pay his buyout and wouldn't pay Dixon @ TCU
so they signed 3rd or 4th choice who knows , CRB is coaching Tenn. that's what I wanted to happen ………………...GO VOLS

He’s coached for 32 years and has only had 3 losing seasons, and 15 games is the lowest his teams have ever won. Not sure his teams will ever win just 12 or 13 games.
Even with the rag tag group he had in 15-16 with 2 guys Hubbs and Baulkman nursing injuries he won 15 games. Went 2-6 in his last 8 without Punter(injured). Probably would have at least been a bubble team if Punter had finished the season. Don't see any 12 - 13 win seasons on the horizon with this coach.

Past history is always a good indicator. The trend he has over the decades is good. It's always good till it isn't good. That means, he's a good coach and we got lucky keeping him here until that stat begins to show 12-13 wins a year.

For example, look at Fulmer. He was good till he wasn't.

Fulmer's hire as AD is going to prove to be the Butterfly Effect moment that we're all going to look back on and say "Holy s***, what if we didn't hire him?"

So now you know for a fact our coach is a liar and UCLA AD is honest.

With your statement, why you even here? Rough childhood?

View attachment 203145

He, himself was having conversations with UCLA. He himself actively pursued the job after initial contact. Barnes does not have an agent, so yeah he negotiated everything. I have no hate towards Barnes but I'm also not naive enough to think he wasn't pursuing that UCLA job.

Why am I here? Because I'm a Tennessee fan just like you, just because we differ in opinion doesn't make me any less of a fan.

He, himself was having conversations with UCLA. He himself actively pursued the job after initial contact. Barnes does not have an agent, so yeah he negotiated everything. I have no hate towards Barnes but I'm also not naive enough to think he wasn't pursuing that UCLA job.

Why am I here? Because I'm a Tennessee fan just like you, just because we differ in opinion doesn't make me any less of a fan.
Bottom line is Fulmer should have at a minimum 5 Coaches on his speed dial going forward. This may not be Barnes final definition.

Reactions: Big time vol

VN Store

Back