Barnes named COY

Deserved. Even though there are tons of ppl handing out these awards like candy, honorable mention,all America players, coy, for supposed non top 100 players is a good job. Same for Pearl. Screw them for beating us but it was legit. Pearl deserves some .respect too. He's still a liar but whatever, in this case I'll let it go.

Well Deserved. RB is a "Good Man". Not that many of them in this Nasty Business. AND; without that crapola foul call; He just Might have put UT in the Championship Game Tomorrow night. I'm STILL seething.

So very proud of Coach Barnes. He is a solid man, great coach and a great example of what it means to put others first. He spends so much time trying to instill great character qualities in young men that will change their lives. GO VOLS!!

Deserved. Even though there are tons of ppl handing out these awards like candy, honorable mention,all America players, coy, for supposed non top 100 players is a good job. Same for Pearl. Screw them for beating us but it was legit. Pearl deserves some .respect too. He's still a liar but whatever, in this case I'll let it go.
Pearl lied about the barbecue yes. He should have told the truth because it was only a minor infraction. But I refuse to believe there's not been one of us in our lives when we thought we were going to be in deep trouble has not said something untruthful at some point to lessen the consequences or to avoid embarrassment. I've met Pearl. I personally think he's a great guy who made a mistake. He loved the University of Tennessee. He loved Knoxville. He loved the fans. He brought excitement here during the winter months that nobody had done since Ray Mears. I wish people would quit hating on the guy. If we had stuck by him we would probably have had a national championship by now if not at least a couple final fours. We chose to listen to an SEC commissioner who personally hated Tennessee, and couldn't stand our success, talked us into getting rid of him. Telling us he was not welcome in the conference. However, a couple years later he gives Auburn the blessing to hire Pearl. I'm more angry with Hamilton who originally stuck with pearl and then chose to abandon him over slives threats.

Pearl lied about the barbecue yes. He should have told the truth because it was only a minor infraction. But I refuse to believe there's not been one of us in our lives when we thought we were going to be in deep trouble has not said something untruthful at some point to lessen the consequences or to avoid embarrassment. I've met Pearl. I personally think he's a great guy who made a mistake. He loved the University of Tennessee. He loved Knoxville. He loved the fans. He brought excitement here during the winter months that nobody had done since Ray Mears. I wish people would quit hating on the guy. If we had stuck by him we would probably have had a national championship by now if not at least a couple final fours. We chose to listen to an SEC commissioner who personally hated Tennessee, and couldn't stand our success, talked us into getting rid of him. Telling us he was not welcome in the conference. However, a couple years later he gives Auburn the blessing to hire Pearl. I'm more angry with Hamilton who originally stuck with pearl and then chose to abandon him over slives threats.
Sure I like pearl too but the fact Is he screwed us in the process of his lies and for that I will not forget

Whoever thinks he sucks is crazy. However he is not a great tournament or postseason coach. Unortunately in basketball that's what they remember you for. Some coaches are great in tournaments and some aren't. Congratulations are due to the man though.

What do you think of Pearl as a “tournament coach?” Careful...

Reactions: VolDave53
Beard at TT deserves it more. Replaced 80% of his starting 5 and makes Final game? I hope he stays outta the SEC.

Wonder if he'll go to UCLA? Maybe work his way to Missouri??

VN Store

Back