Barnes Messing with Kesling

You can say what you want about Bob. But he is a VFL and loves him some Tennessee.
If that is all it takes to get rich in broadcasting, then the posters here should apply. Bob is almost OK at Basketball, but horrible at football. He should take notes from Lindsay Nelson who said his key to success was once per minute to give the score, time remaining, and ball position. Bob seems to think that we can see the game when it is his job to paint the picture.

Pretty gratifying for a coach just biding his time till retirememt.
Note to fans on boards:
Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.
Yeah somebody on here today acted like there were no dissenters when we hired Rick. I remember it well. There were a bunch who thought we were making a mistake. You just kinda remember those names and it takes a long time to get there credibility back with me. I’m going through that right now on the football threads.

If that is all it takes to get rich in broadcasting, then the posters here should apply. Bob is almost OK at Basketball, but horrible at football. He should take notes from Lindsay Nelson who said his key to success was once per minute to give the score, time remaining, and ball position. Bob seems to think that we can see the game when it is his job to paint the picture.
Trust me most collegiate announcers ARE NOT getting rich!

You can say what you want about Bob. But he is a VFL and loves him some Tennessee.
So am I and I would suck at calling games. But I honestly feel I would do better than Bob. He is atrociously bad at football games. Hard to believe somebody that bad at his job has held the position for 20 years.

"What a turn of events" is all that needs to be said to sum up his level of sucktitude.

Jeff Jacoby, God rest his soul, is the Ohio State person everyone is thinking of. Bob Kessling is a former UT football walk-on and I would dare say could not care less about Ohio State.

Coach Barnes has been this way since he got here. He was known to bust Butch Jones' ball$ some when they were around at the same time.

Jeff Jacoby, God rest his soul, is the Ohio State person everyone is thinking of. Bob Kessling is a former UT football walk-on and I would dare say could not care less about Ohio State.

Coach Barnes has been this way since he got here. He was known to bust Butch Jones' ball$ some when they were around at the same time.

I wouldn't confuse Bob Kesling with Jeff Jacoby any more than Kesling and Margie Ison. Kesling is from the Dayton, Ohio area and grew up as an Ohio State fan. He's admitted that several times.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Pretty gratifying for a coach just biding his time till retirememt.
Note to fans on boards:
Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

I think those people are thrilled to have been wrong about Barnes but it was a completely reasonable assumption at the time to be fair imo.

I wouldn't confuse Bob Kesling with Jeff Jacoby any more than Kesling and Margie Ison. Kesling is from the Dayton, Ohio area and grew up as an Ohio State fan. He's admitted that several times.
Whose roster do you think Buffoon Bob knows better? OSU or TN?
He obviously doesn't know TN all that well...never seems to get the names right.

What made it a reasonable assumption?

All I’m saying is I could see why someone would look at an older coached who had just been let go and seemingly appeared to have his best years behind him and think that. I wasn’t one who automatically assumed he would coast to mediocrity to collect a paycheck but even I had doubts of it being a good hire. (Glad my doubts never came to fruition for once!). All in all I try to stay fair and don’t think people being skeptical were being unreasonable.(especially considering how few things had gone right for this program as well).

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back