Barnes expects healthy Fulkerson 'to have a terrific year'

If Fulkerson full speed, we are in great shape for 2 deep... Barnes will have unique opportunity to go with "hot hand"
fulkerson
Bone
Turner
Williams
Schofield
Walker
Bowden
Alexander
Pons
Johnson

He was a pretty big key in beating UK in the 2nd half at TBA. The first half was rough for him, but he was a difference maker passing out of the zone. I don't think people realize how bad of a setback it is missing time, especially as much as he did.

I'm really wanting to see how him and Johnson develop. Seeing the transformation of AS, has me really excited to see if others can transform their game like he did.

He actually looked smaller last year. I have a feeling even though he was playing he was not doing any weight training.

He is going to be a very good player for Tennessee.
I mean it literally says in the article that he couldn’t do much in terms of upper body conditioning.

Reactions: 2 people
A year later than expected, John Fulkerson is getting his first full offseason as a college basketball player. And Tennessee coach Rick Barnes is expecting it to pay off. I think in his mindset, hes gotten over what happened, Barnes said Thursday at the Big Orange Caravan Stop in Fulkersons hometown of Kingsport. That was pretty tough. I really expect him to have a terrific year this year.

...Barnes stressed routinely last season that Fulkerson could bring a new dimension to Tennessee. At other points, the Vols coach stated that to be the best version of themselves they would need Fulkerson to play up to his abilities. With a healthy offseason on tap now, that possibility seems more likely now for the sophomore forward.
UT Vols: Rick Barnes expects John Fulkerson 'to have a terrific year'
Barnes knew it all along

VN Store

Back