Barnes Coaching The Lady Vols

What a dream but I would bet he would get a lot more out of the girls than Holly. Ok. I am preaching to the crowd. But I sure would like to see the results.
Holly could definitely learn a thing or two from CRB.

They would absolutely be a Final Four team and a definite National Champion contender. I would to see these Lady Vols with a coach like Barnes. I wonder why Holly can’t watch the Men play and be a little envious? Barnes coaching 3 stars and Holly coaching 5 stars.

They would absolutely be a Final Four team and a definite National Champion contender. I would to see these Lady Vols with a coach like Barnes. I wonder why Holly can’t watch the Men play and be a little envious? Barnes coaching 3 stars and Holly coaching 5 stars.

Maybe we should bring back Bruce Pearl to coach the Lady Vols.

What a dream but I would bet he would get a lot more out of the girls than Holly. Ok. I am preaching to the crowd. But I sure would like to see the results.

Really... u actually comparing him with Holly is an insult to him. For little over 15yrs that I've been watching Lady vols there mens teams has never been ranked #3 in the nation and plays the way they're playing. Can u imagine if coach Barnes had recruited like women's team since he took that job. Just look at his mens team, none of his players are recruited with a high rank like 1 to even 20th.

The Lady Vols made it clear that they don’t want to be Vols.

Repeal title nine and cut sports that are not self sufficient!!

Like I have said before Barnes would never have any interest in coaching the Lady Vols. That job pays 700 thousand maybe up to a million for a different coach. He is making 3 million and expect that will go way on up after this season. The person we could probably get is Assistant Michael Schwartz he's had as much to do with the Vol basketball turnaround as anybody. Guy would make the Lady Vols that has it in them tough as nails just like the men's team. We don't have to look far if we ever need a different head coach Schwartz would be the first person I talk to he would make the Lady Vols Pat Summit tough again.

Reactions: mcannon1
How is it not a violation of Title IX not to pay the coach of the women's basketball team even half of what the men's basketball team coach makes?

Barnes' salary is 2.25 million. Warlick's salary before the last extension was 665,000. The women's team is getting what the U of TN pays for.
I was not talking about dollar value as it relates to the product. Holly could learn from some high school coaches. I also don't think the U of TN is getting what they are paying for. There bye, get rid of her and find value for dollars you are willing to pay. There are better out there that would love a salary that good and fall all over themselves to be the face of this program.

I've seen this reverse post many times in the past. Fans want Pat to coach the men's team.

Have we ever had a season where the Tennessee men's basketball team was THIS much better than the women's? Off the top of my head, I don't think so. Bruce Pearl's best years were from 2006-2010 but the Lady Vols were still very good in those years and even won the National Championship in '07 and '08. They won over 30 games in '10. I don't know what the Lady Vols were like in the Ernie and Bernie years though. Still, this is very unusual... in the late 90's, I never thought I would see the day when it would be like this.

How is it not a violation of Title IX not to pay the coach of the women's basketball team even half of what the men's basketball team coach makes?
Title IX deals with gender equity in participation (among other things) but it does not say that there must be gender equity in compensation. The coach of the women's team does not even have to be a woman, after all. Compensation for coaches comes down to the economics of supply and demand in the marketplace, just like most jobs.

Like I have said before Barnes would never have any interest in coaching the Lady Vols. That job pays 700 thousand maybe up to a million for a different coach. He is making 3 million and expect that will go way on up after this season. The person we could probably get is Assistant Michael Schwartz he's had as much to do with the Vol basketball turnaround as anybody. Guy would make the Lady Vols that has it in them tough as nails just like the men's team. We don't have to look far if we ever need a different head coach Schwartz would be the first person I talk to he would make the Lady Vols Pat Summit tough again.

No one seriously thinks he would leave the men's team to coach the Lady Vols but Shemp would do a better job at this point.

If Holly couldn't learn from Pat after years, then she isn't going to learn.....
That's true... and 7 seasons on the job is also enough time to learn from on the job experience and make necessary adjustments in philosophy and management style to get better, if she was ever going to. Nothing ever changes with Holly though.

Reactions: spyfish007

VN Store

Back