Barnes Basketball Commits

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Coach Barnes was supposedly to receive Vols basketball commits from two players that were in the top 50 of the recruiting class. Reportedly the #12 player was to have committed this week. I have seen nothing...can anyone update the status of those two players. If the Vols got both commits this would have been the #1 class in college basketball. Has either of these two players announced anything?

Coach Barnes was supposedly to receive Vols basketball commits from two players that were in the top 50 of the recruiting class. Reportedly the #12 player was to have committed this week. I have seen nothing...can anyone update the status of those two players. If the Vols got both commits this would have been the #1 class in college basketball. Has either of these two players announced anything?
Read the Keon Johnson and Corey Walker threads for the 2 already committed. Then read the Springer and Cardwell threads for the other 2 impending commitments. Great class for UT!

I read an article yesterday that Springer would like to announce live on ESPN. I don't know if a time slot has been made available that will allow that. The article stated that he was 100% Vol.

I read an article yesterday that Springer would like to announce live on ESPN. I don't know if a time slot has been made available that will allow that. The article stated that he was 100% Vol.

It’s been posted in the Springer thread that he’s supposed to be announcing today according to Rob Lewis.

Even with those commitments, this will not be the #1 class in the country. Maybe not even top 5 with Cardwell over Hall, but close.

Reactions: RollerVol
Even with those commitments, this will not be the #1 class in the country. Maybe not even top 5 with Cardwell over Hall, but close.

Out of curiosity, I used the 247 class calculator for basketball rankings and added in Springer and Cardwell. Adding them both would give Tennessee the #3 class in the country in the current rankings behind Duke and Kentucky. Probably won't remain that way given the bluebloods are still adding, but perhaps still in the top 5 - 10 when all is said and done.

Out of curiosity, I used the 247 class calculator for basketball rankings and added in Springer and Cardwell. Adding them both would give Tennessee the #3 class in the country in the current rankings behind Duke and Kentucky. Probably won't remain that way given the bluebloods are still adding, but perhaps still in the top 5 - 10 when all is said and done.
Yeah, that was my point. Still think we end up in the top 10, perhaps just outside the top 5. Maybe even inside, depending on what happens over the next 6 months with potential transfers and subsequent spring additions.

Adding Springer and Cardwell will get us in the top 3, right now, but that won't last if that is all we add, for the reasons you stated. Still a great class whether it's #3 or #9.

Yeah, that was my point. Still think we end up in the top 10, perhaps just outside the top 5. Maybe even inside, depending on what happens over the next 6 months with potential transfers and subsequent spring additions.

Adding Springer and Cardwell will get us in the top 3, right now, but that won't last if that is all we add, for the reasons you stated. Still a great class whether it's #3 or #9.

Gotcha. 👍🏽 And I absolutely agree about the great class regardless of ranking. It'll be a significant step forward considering where our classes have been ranked. Sometimes I still have to wrap my head around our current level of recruiting. What a testament to the hard work the team and staff have put in! Kevin Punter, Admiral, Grant, Bone, Alexander to Lamonte and Bowden - all have put in the solid foundation for our basketball program.

Rob made a great point when he said that Cardwell fits what we want to do. He is a better rebounder and defensive player than Hall is. Cardwell will be a better version of Kyle.

Maybe others have a better idea but it seems to me if the team had two spots open then we would want both but we would rather have a DeAndre Jordan type player to go with a guard oriented scoring team. Hall would keep us finesse. This is just based on what others have said but it seems Cardwell is more of a guard the rim guy.

Maybe others have a better idea but it seems to me if the team had two spots open then we would want both but we would rather have a DeAndre Jordan type player to go with a guard oriented scoring team. Hall would keep us finesse. This is just based on what others have said but it seems Cardwell is more of a guard the rim guy.

This guy is way more of a Jordan guy than Hall. I LOVE his energy! He throws it down with authority and then gets hype af. He reminds me of Joakim Noah with his play-style and the passion he has.

He'd be the perfect fit in our offense, with picks, and lobs.

Springer wants to announce on ESPN, and the delay is waiting until there is airtime, but it might be later today when it happens. If we sign these 4, Johnson, Walker, Springer, and Cardwell, we will be one over the limit of 13 scholarships for next year. So someone will need to transfer out. Over signing each year may become normal with the transfer portal being so easy for someone to transfer out.

This guy is way more of a Jordan guy than Hall. I LOVE his energy! He throws it down with authority and then gets hype af. He reminds me of Joakim Noah with his play-style and the passion he has.

He'd be the perfect fit in our offense, with picks, and lobs.

Plus he’s still growing as he was 6-10 last week

Springer wants to announce on ESPN, and the delay is waiting until there is airtime, but it might be later today when it happens. If we sign these 4, Johnson, Walker, Springer, and Cardwell, we will be one over the limit of 13 scholarships for next year. So someone will need to transfer out. Over signing each year may become normal with the transfer portal being so easy for someone to transfer out.

Per VQ, announcement has been taped and ESPN has it. Just a matter of when it will air (which will probably be sometime early next week).

I agree about oversigning becoming the norm. It's likely someone will either be OAD, a graduate transfer, or transfer. It's happened every season so far.

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back