Banks

NashvilleVolGuy27

I figure Fullmer will realize Tenn needs James Banks on the field and will lift his suspension by Seasons start. I am wondering why Banks is not a canidate for the starting QB spot? He has played time at QB for any length of time in 2 games, a 18-15 loss AT Georgia. And a win in Starkville vs. Mississippi St. He was in the bama game for 1 play at QB and the result was a TD. I mean its great to have a pocket passer, but as eric crouch showed at Nebraska a running QB can get it done as well. Banks was a good passing qb in High School at Ben Davis, I know it was HS. but he can obviously throw it down the field. Lets here some opinions.

New Guy To This

Welcome NashvilleVolGuy27. :welcome: :welcome:

I think most will agree that Banks is a huge talent but he will not see another snap at QB for several reasons. First of all I think he can help us more at WR if he gets his head on straight and works hard. Second, he has done done the 'intangibles" in the offseason to really prepare himself for the QB job besides state the fact that he wants the job. His actions speak louder than his words. He could have been working and studying the position and getting with the WR to try and establish himself as a leader. Lastly, he got himself suspended from the team for whatever reason instead of doing #2 above.

I will also add that I think he is not careful enough with the football for Fulmer's taste. He has that big play mentality which makes him a good receiver but not a good QB in our system.

just my :twocents:

If Banks performes the best out of every QB, I am all for it

BUT

If he gets in anymore trouble, he should be gone. There is a line and he has crossed it.

I'm for C.J. Leak getting his shot. He has to have something to him to be able to wait this long just to get to play.

VN Store

Back