Banks on ND DC list

When is it actually the DCs fault in your mind?
When they don’t show up for work or show up drunk.
Watch the game. You can tell when players are missing assignments, not giving effort or just out of their depth from a talent standpoint

I hope they all stay together at least 3 years for continuity and recruiting . Now if they replaced Martinez it would probably help

You want Ansley back? Who would you prefer between to two? If you never played CB, you don't know that I CBS may get shook when he's beat a few times in a game, gives up a TD or gets some interference calls go against him. Confidence is fragile in some and coaching and technic can go out the window in these cases. A DB must always remember his coaching and stay technically sound. It isn't a DB's coaching, it's in his head.

Excellent they’d be doing us a favor. Now watch when he leaves, THEN everyone will start pointing at how awful we were defensively.
I am willing to give Banks more time... but something has to be done. It isn't just players or development. Opponents were taking advantage of holes in the scheme.

Blow up the whole D. Start over. Can't be worse. Get someone out there that wants to tackle rather than play two-hand touch and go out of bounds.

If Banks is wanted elsewhere; please let him go.
Spoke like a a true vol Administrator!
Change coaches every 3 years, and have them change half their staff every year, and have 0 continuity, after all it’s been working great the last 15 years!

No thanks!! I’d rather keep what we have together for at least 2-3. More years and if we’ve got the players by then and it still not performing at a level that it should be, then look to upgrade

I am willing to give Banks more time... but something has to be done. It isn't just players or development. Opponents were taking advantage of holes in the scheme.
Other than Jeremy Banks, a converted RB, there was no linebacker on the roster this year who would start at any other SEC school, even Vandy. There’s only so much scheme can do when personnel ties a hand behind your back. I thought it was a virtual lock that this would be the worst defense in school history. It wasn’t anywhere near as bad as the 2012 defense, which had much better talent.

Don’t care who the coordinator is , his defense is going to be on the field a long time. Better recruit a lot of defensive lineman.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back