Banks at Linebacker

His LB instincts are good. His reaction times are good. When he has his attack angles perfected he will be great. I think the game appears slower to him on defense.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Think about Banks, he does know how to run, cut, plant, juke, slice and dice as a running back. Offensive players don't get that much tackling practice. I think if he can stay on his feet and make the first man miss after an interception, he has the skills to take it to the house. I see images of Pickens. Same kind of guy, - maybe more speed with Pickens and natural ability, but the idea is the same. A guy that knows more than how to tackle on defense.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I hope they can work in some special packages from time to time for him on offense, and we can have best of both worlds. He’s one of my favorite young players. From what I’ve seen, he’s one you never have to question his heart or effort on the field.
Yeah, remember the old "Beast Package" with AJ when he was a linebacker? Put him in for the 3rd and inches.

Reactions: A.J.
Pruitt said in a recent press conference that Banks wants to play running back. He was moved to LB for depth.

I agree with the past poster that he didn't look at all enthused by his second interception against UTC. Maybe feels like he is solidifying himself in a position he doesn't want to play. Not saying I know what he's thinking but I know what Pruitt said.

I, like many of you, see how hard he works and plays. Hopefully he already has, or will, come around to the idea that he should get himself on the field to help the team in whatever capacity that may be... And I hope he excels at either position!

Might be wrong but I don't think Banks looks happy at LB even when he makes good plays...
Not sure I like Crouch on the D line rushing either....even though he runs down the line and makes a play....can't understand it...can't they put Elijah there to rush the QB every now and then

Or banks

Banks is not better than Chandler or Gray based on what I have seen, and it is debatable if he is better than Jordan. He would be 3rd at best in the depth chart at RB. He has already shown that he has better playmaking ability on defense that he ever did on offense. He clearly has a nose for the FB on defense as well. If he is smart & listens, CJP just might be able to get him drafted as a LB one day.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
He moves back to running back and he’ll sit as a running back.

He was arrested apparently, for some traffic tickets. I can't see to full story online just the headline.

Pruitt on Banks at LB

“He could be as good a linebacker I’ve ever coached”
-Pruitt

Where do you guys like Banks more, RB or LB?
Linebacker, hands down. Couldn’t hold onto the ball at running back, ran like a bull in a china shop. Funnel that mindset and energy into being a great lb and let him go imho.

Might be wrong but I don't think Banks looks happy at LB even when he makes good plays...

Probably concentrating on lining up correctly and assignments. He's playing really hard out there. I tried to watch him exclusively in the UTC game. He plays hard through the whistle. He's got work to do on his angles, finding the ball, and techniques to shed blocks. But honestly, I think he's ahead of schedule and he reminds me a bit of Jalen Reeves-Maybin.

VN Store

Back