Bank It!

Reminds me of Hank JR’s song “Attitude Adjustment”. I’m glad he was able to move past the issues. Just needed a little growing up I guess.

Reminds me of Hank JR’s song “Attitude Adjustment”. I’m glad he was able to move past the issues. Just needed a little growing up I guess.

I will admit it. When Banks did what he did that got him into the doghouse, I felt bringing him back was a huge mistake, and he would have another misstep that would embarrass the program again. I am gladly admitting I was wrong about worrying about the odds. I am proud of Banks, and am damn glad he proved me wrong. He had a helluva season last year. And after next season? I hope somebody takes him early in the first round of the draft. He has earned so much after a start that I am forgetting. 110% behind him.

I think he led the SEC in 15 yard penalties, too.

Perhaps you have him confused with Dick Butkus, Ted Hendricks, Mike Curtis, or Jack Lambert. All who were penalty prone, yet got away with a lot because their era wasn't as hypersensitive to aggressive play as today. Nonetheless, rules are rules. However, anyone who wants to damn Jeremy Banks, remember to damn the guys I mentioned in this post as well. Indeed, the Bears were the most penalized team in Butkus era, and Dick Butkus was THE primary reason why. He even bit a referee's finger while the ref was trying to retrieve the ball in a pile. Dick said, he ought not have put his hand down there.

Last edited:
Perhaps you have him confused with Dick Butkus, Ted Hendricks, Mike Curtis, or Jack Lambert. All who were penalty prone, yet got away with a lot because their era wasn't as hypersensitive to aggressive play as today. Nonetheless, rules are rules. However, anyone who wants to damn Jeremy Banks, remember to damn the guys I mentioned in this post as well. Indeed, the Bears were the most penalized team in Butkus era, and Dick Butkus was THE primary reason why. He even bit a referee finger while the ref was trying to retrieve the ball in a pile. Dick said, he ought not have put his hand down there.
While I do not disagree wirh you one bit ... you know the guy you are replying to was just trolling, right?

While I do not disagree wirh you one bit ... you know the guy you are replying to was just trolling, right?

I like trolls because they give me a chance to dynamite the bridge so that it collapses on them.
the_sleeping_troll_by_bridge_troll-d4m3pyw-627x278.jpg

Congratulations to Jeremy on his success and growth. I’ve been a pretty consistent supporter of this young man, although there have been moments of question. That said, as I’ve mentioned in earlier posts about his aggressive play, I’m glad we have someone on our defense that goes all out. I like having a “ headhunter “ on our defense that the other team’s QB has to worry about on every play.

Reactions: Golf freak
Glad he had such a stellar statistical season. Played his a$$ off no doubt. For a team that struggled getting off the field on 3rd downs…his temper got the best of him A LOT. The PITT game he made several bone headed anger plays. Even threw that stupid pointless block in the back when we returned that missed FG for a TD. Love his tenacity. But he better focus upstairs between the ears if we get in close physical tight games. Our defense has zero margins for error.

VN Store

Back