Bama week (time to move on thread)

WesternNCVol

I was actually looking forward to this trip. I was hoping we’d pull the upset last night and ride momentum into the Bama game.

A little part of me felt confident we’d make a game of it with Bama this week. Now that so many players are out I’m not so confident anymore.

Anyone going? I’ve got a chance to go but it’s a haul from where I live. I’ll decide in a day or so.

Anyway, I’m ready to move on from such a tough loss. It’s over. We had a **** and didn’t make it happen.

Go Vols.

If Hooker somehow only has a stinger and can play at close to 100%, then that game could still be fun to watch.

I haven’t watched a Bama game in years, but may watch this year to see how we respond. If Hooker is still banged up, I think you rest him for Kentucky and let Milton and Bailey take the hits.

Yes sir! Got a bag of DNA test and toothbrushes for Bryant Denny (kidding)

In all seriousness, we might get the dog sh** beat out of us but I guarantee this team plays hard and makes Bama earn it. I've missed the effort from all these years.

Good call. We need to put the pain of last night behind us. I’m still encouraged about where our staff is taking us right now. I think we earn Bama’s respect. Still lose by 21, but make them earn it. I would rather be a Tennessee fan over the next five years than an LSU fan.

Reactions: AdoptedVOL

Why? It's Bama. We play them in Bama. It's a guaranteed loss with half our team injured.

If we go ahead and forfeit then we get an extra bye week and time for our players to heal.

It also takes care of our punishment for last night.

It's a good deal.

Bama is a loss. It is what it is.

We get two weeks to get ready for the trip to UK. They were tougher against UGA than I thought they would be. I no longer count this as a win. Toss up at best.

UGA is a loss. Even in Neyland, we just don't have the horses for a four quarter game against a team like UGA.

We're thin, and banged up. The next 3 games are the toughest we will play this season. If you're a realist, then UT is 4-6 after the gauntlet, but should be favored against USA and Vandy for a 6-6 finish. This is where most realistic fans thought we would be before the season started. UT is better than most thought we would be, but we let two potential wins slip away against Pitt and Mississippi. Moving forward, I expect UT to be better; more competitive; and steal a win or two against higher ranked opponents. Still, given the dumpster fire that CJH and his staff inherited, they have done a phenomenal job of building a football team that fights for 60 minutes. We're a year ahead on the Roadmap to Recovery, IMO, just based on that fact. Good times are coming for UT Football.

Play hard, and let the chips fall where they may. 6 wins are there for the taking. Get to a bowl game, any bowl game, and get a head start on 2022. For CJH and Staff: Recruit well, and then keep doing what you did starting the day you stepped on campus. Do that, and the wins will come. Sooner rather than later. From what I have seen to this point, this staff can turn a 5 year rebuild into 3.

Go find a street near the stadium that you like, Josh. If I'm right, they'll name it after you in 15 years or so.

Go Vols.

Reactions: Commish14
Why? It's Bama. We play them in Bama. It's a guaranteed loss with half our team injured.

If we go ahead and forfeit then we get an extra bye week and time for our players to heal.

It's a good deal.

Cos F*** Bama and their midget Aflac Duck coach that's why

It's a good deal.

I'm trying to be nice. My answer shouldn't need explanation.

When Freak posts the score contest I'll pick Vols to win. Always have. Always will. I just can't make myself pick against my Vols.

I'll wait until later in the week to see who's in/out to determine margin of the Vol victory. :)

Go Vols!

I never concede defeat as anything can happen in sports (I was @ the 09 UT-Bama game). However, we are so banged up and our O line is a mess. I just hope we can get out of the game with little to no injuries and then make a run against KY.

VN Store

Back