Bama -vs- UCLA NCAAT Sweet 16

Jravol78

Now go home and get your shine box
Herbert Jones picked up 2 early fouls and was benched at around the 17:00 mark but Bama bench hung in there. UCLA up 3 with around 3 mins remaining in the 1st half. For the love of all thats holy please pull this off Bruins !

Cronin did a great job. He got fortunate with Bama chokin at the line and that was what he needed. Bama depth is ridiculous. Their second team would be competitive in SEC. credit to Oaks for recruiting like that.

Since I am afraid that Alabama is going to be a contender Year in and year out as long as Oats is there and the team that I pull for flamed out in the first round I guess this will have to suffice as the High Point of the NCAA tournament for me.

I will let my good friend Nelson here address the Gumps on my behalf
9D3E9A99-5403-4E2D-AC5D-49AAF4AE403B.gif

Last edited:
Difference in the game late was UCLA had players consistently step up where Bama best players missed FTs and didn’t hit big shots.

Sadly, they’re not going anywhere. Oaks is in his second year and had the best and deepest roster in the league. Their talent vs UCLA was much better. Missing 14 FTs kills you thou.

Reactions: 08Vol
Even pedestrian free throw shooting would have won the game. And honestly, UCLA would have won in regulation if they'd just fouled on the inbound. If Bama had won in OT it wouldn't have reflected which team played the better game.

Reactions: Zues1 and Jravol78
Does my heart good to see Bama get bounced!!!
I wish I could
like this X1000. My mother had been valiantly battling cancer for last 6 months. Last week she really started slipping and although we knew that she was close to reaching the end of her time with us we were nevertheless shocked this morning to get the call from dad that she passed peacefully in her sleep. My mom was all vol and hated Bama like all good Vols do and I know that somewhere right now she is enjoying the Gumps taking the L along with the rest of Volnation .

Reactions: tnutater

VN Store

Back