Bama support staffer headed to Tennessee

I think some Bama fans would like for Tennessee to be competitive again but I doubt anyone associated with the AD at Bama gives a damn whether UT is worth a damn or not.

I think this is just a good sign that we have a coach that is highly thought of among those in the profession. This guy has been with Saban for five years, it says a lot that he would make a move over to Pruitt IMO.

Mainly, what you said is what I meant. And I care less about what Bam-Bam thinks than what I think. Being it's a Vols board I post my thoughts here. Admittedly there will be some that aren't welcome but that what makes VN so much fun. Keep on keeping it real, DadChad.

Last edited:
Alabama fans want everyone to go 0-12 except them, and that they would win the NC championship every year! They don't care about Clemson, Dabo, LSU, Georgia and kirby, Florida, and they especially don't care about Tennessee! They may tell you they want that but they don't! They love Tennessee being down the same way we loved it when they were down! All this SEC, SEC, SEC, is just bull. I don't give a dang about anyone else because I was born in Tennessee!

Yep. Expect no quarter and no quarter given.

Does anyone know why Butch Jones didn't get an on field role at bama? I thought he turned down Maryland because he was given a role at bama. If you look at the new staff he is not listed?

@DaddyChad

Really? Alabama fans losing sleep over the fact we have sucked for 10 years and secretly desire us to get better? I dont believe it. I know if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn't lose any sleep over them sucking. I would enjoy seeing them lose every game. They're concerned that we might actually be about to turn a page with our coaching staff. They were miffed we stole JJ Peterson last year and To'oto'o this year. But no way they want us back to being relevant I just dont buy it..

Reactions: Nickid1975
I said I had a theory. I did not say my theory was fact. I did know someone or more posters would take it in a snide way and post something like you did. All the same, those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.
They aren't old enough to remember when your post was fact......camping out beside the student center starting Wed night for tickets........was a good time!

"For all the disdain we seem to experience, nearly everybody wants us back. So no surprise Bama is covertly(?) trying to make it happen. Hopefully, we won't mess it up by hiring some future nitwit AD."

no they don't. The only people who care about Tennessee are the ones in that room, and the ones wearing orange. The rest don't care

Exactly! If it were reversed would we care? Hell 2 the naw!

My guess is the same # of Bama fans wanting the Vols to be competitive now is close to the # of Vols fans that wanted Bama to be competitive back when Peyton was beating them every year.

@DaddyChad

Really? Alabama fans losing sleep over the fact we have sucked for 10 years and secretly desire us to get better? I dont believe it. I know if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn't lose any sleep over them sucking. I would enjoy seeing them lose every game. They're concerned that we might actually be about to turn a page with our coaching staff. They were miffed we stole JJ Peterson last year and To'oto'o this year. But no way they want us back to being relevant I just dont buy it..
I'm not saying they want us to win against them. But they would like us to be a power in the east again and that game to actually mean something. Some older fans are nostalgic and want that rivalry to actually mean something.

Does anyone know why Butch Jones didn't get an on field role at bama? I thought he turned down Maryland because he was given a role at bama. If you look at the new staff he is not listed?
Butch sucks and he's still getting paid to suck by UT.

Report: Key Alabama support staffer leaving for Tennessee
ADAM SPENCER | 2 HOURS AGO

Just when you thought the staff turnover at Alabama was over, it turns out it wasn’t.
On Tuesday evening, it was reported that a key staff member was leaving Tuscaloosa to follow another former Tide assistant.
Per AL.com’s Matt Zenitz, director of player development Kerry Stevenson will head to Knoxville and join Jeremy Pruitt’s support staff:

Stevenson had been with the Crimson Tide since 2013, but now he’ll join Pruitt, who is entering his second season at the helm of the Tennessee program.
With spring practices starting soon, Alabama coach Nick Saban now has another position on his staff to fill.

I'm not saying they want us to win against them. But they would like us to be a power in the east again and that game to actually mean something. Some older fans are nostalgic and want that rivalry to actually mean something.

You are absolutely correct.

Many bammers want us to be good when the third Sat rolls around. Some relish in the fact of lighting that stogie when it means something. Beating a chump is just a lose-lose for everybody involved and they want us to be competitive. Many flat out pity us now after the degree of athletic dept ineptitude that has flourished for over a decade.

Some hate everything orange and are still miffed over Phil so there is that as well.

I'm telling you guys we had better support Pruitt and get behind him no matter what this season brings because when other schools come calling I hope he is to happy at Tennessee to leave. I truly believe Pruitt is going to be a star.
That doesn't even make sense.

Ok I get that. I dunno if it makes me old or not being in my 40's but I remember very well it didn't matter what the ranking was, or lack thereof, or what the win/loss column was for either team. Third Saturday in October was always a dogfight regardless. Man just to be competitive again...

Because Saban knows he doesn’t have to settle
Butch will ride that pony until he bleeds Tennessee of every penny.

I can buy bama fans wishing we were decent enough to be considered a quality win as it would help their case but that’s the extent of it.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Because Saban knows he doesn’t have to settle
Butch will ride that pony until he bleeds Tennessee of every penny.
Could UT not fight this and get out of payin him somehow due to him being offered an job and turning it down? I understand if he was a candidate but not chosen by the college but he was offered a job and he turned it down. Just asking, I'm not up on all the rules n regs to the buyout.

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back