Bama submits play for league office review

My folks were too busy yapping during that review, but I thought I heard Gene Steratore say that he didn't think it was targeting. Is that right? I honestly thought we were losing Omari Thomas the rest of the game so I was pleasantly surprised, because when has a targeting call ever actually gone our way? And speaking of that, when was the last time that a forward progress whistle actually went our way? All that's left is for us to beat Georgia because they fumbled the ball through the end zone.

R.60ba6e120588ab1027879c24c24defc1

Hopefully the league office makes note of the massive missed hold that led to Young getting hit there. Still, after watching the replay of Freak's youtube, it was shoulder pad to chest area. Targeting has a lot of specific rules involving launching and intent. The officials got it right.

Hopefully we sent in the Bammer receiver grabbing our DB and pulling him down that drew a flag on us.

One of the TV replays showed that Thomas got him with his right shoulder in Bryce’s left chest area. Big man moving at speed into little Bryce is going to cause that head forward whiplash most every single time. It appeared like incidental helmet contact after/as a result of the initial shoulder contact. It was a bang-bang play but CBS did a pretty good job showing the various angles.

Hey Nicky here’s a novel thought, if you don’t want your QB getting bulldozed by the defense teach your O-line to block.

Reactions: SprocketRocket

VN Store

Back