Bama player "just quit"

I guess it is difficult to be on top at one level and then start all-over again at the bottom.

Saban: Top Alabama recruit Antonio Alfano 'basically quit'

Article states that father says grandmother is very ill.
Given Saban's dismissive nature about it, I'd question how much the sick grandmother really has to do with him quitting. He was really frank and seemed totally put out with him, which is rare for Saban to talk like that in a press conference about something internal to the team.

Given Saban's dismissive nature about it, I'd question how much the sick grandmother really has to do with him quitting. He was really frank and seemed totally put out with him, which is rare for Saban to talk like that in a press conference about something internal to the team.

I agree. If the kid's grandmother was really that sick, even if Saban didn't like that he just left I still think he'd be sympathetic and give the kid more benefit of the doubt. Especially if it were a situation where the kid was close to the grandmother and maybe even the grandmother basically raised him.

Not quite the same thing because it was just HS but on my HS team we had a guy who pretty much disappeared for almost 2 weeks and turned out his grandmother was on her deathbed, and she had raised the guy after his own mother had died when he was really young. Our coach was angry at first but when he finally got in contact with the family, they were able to work through it. The family apologized and the kid talked to the coach and coach saw how it really messed the kid up and a week later he was playing again.

Some of you give Saban more credit for being sympathetic than I would.

The Indwelling. Don't be fooled by Saban's in-commercial personality. Lucifer didn't choose a nice guy to be his vessel.

VN Store

Back