Bama BB shooting event per police report

This is what we don't know. Did Miller know Miles had left the gun? I mean, I think there's a decent chance of that. That comes back around to the question of what Miller thought was happening when he arrived at ths scene.

As to LG's question, Miles' defense attorney and Miller's attorney both agree that the 1:38 a.m. text was the first point at which had requested his gun. Nothing that was said under oath by the detectives suggested otherwise. I guess one has to make of that what one will.

That those attorneys agree is pointless. It serves the interest of both to say that's all there is.

And that may be exactly what they say: "According to the records we have been provided by investigators, the first and only contact was at 1:38."

Which begs the question, were there others which were not obtained?

Now, I'm not one to buy into the notion that the police would intentionally endanger the integrity of the prosecution to help one person's NBA prospects. But they are officials with limited resources. And fact is the public might not ever be provided the full cell phone records of each going back 24 hours, both calls and texts, IMs, etc. Much less those of close by third persons which might also shed light on communications.

I do not imply relevant messages exist. I'm saying we don't know. And I'm still stuck on hey, bring me my gun, and it's 130 am and coincidentally minutes later there's a gun fight. Possible he knew absolutely nothing? Sure. I'm having a hard time getting to likely.

Consider an alternate scenario where Miller ran a stop sign before meeting Miles and the TPD pulled him over and saw the weapon was in the backseat. Does Miller just get a ticket and sent on his way or does the TPD escalate things even though Miller states he didn't know the gun was there?

How often do cops in general have someone tell them "I didn't know that gun was there" and they believe them ?

That would never work. Even if he were stopped the gun was spotted they’d still have to run it and he’d have to legally be able to have a firearm. He’s wrapped up in this whether he wants to admit it or not.

That those attorneys agree is pointless. It serves the interest of both to say that's all there is.

And that may be exactly what they say: "According to the records we have been provided by investigators, the first and only contact was at 1:38."

Now, I'm not one to buy into the notion that the police would intentionally endanger the integrity of the prosecution to help one person's NBA prospects. But they are officials with limited resources. And fact is the public might not ever be provided the full cell phone records of each going back 24 hours, both calls and texts, IMs, etc. Much less those of close by third persons which might also shed light on communications.

I do not imply relevant messages exist. I'm saying we don't know. And I'm still stuck on hey, bring me my gun, and it's 130 am and coincidentally minutes later there's a gun fight. Possible he knew absolutely nothing? Sure. I'm having a hard time getting to likely.

One would have to be a damn fool to think there wasn’t some sort of conversation before hand. He may not have come out and said it directly but no body goes to the range in the early morning hours.

It's not a helpful lie to tell, in that it can't possibly last forever. If Miles was repeatedly asking for the gun, the DA is going to use it in court.

Whether he asked him for his gun once or 20 times dies not matter What does matter is that the fact he was giving the guy back his gun hed left in his car changes the entire narrative from how jt started out. Initially it was reported , and people ran with this idea some kingpin kid gives another guy a gun and is in on the crime. When in fact it seems as if he was not aware of the guys intent. I think the kid that did the shooting is a complete scumbag and should get max penalty for his crime. Not only dud he take the life of a young mother he endsngered many others and almost hurt his friends also. Class A douche. Everyone else has to live with the consequences of their actions but outside if that does not look like anyone else broke the law...except, maybe the boyfriend if his hun was not legal. It will be an interesting case to follow.

Whether he asked him for his gun once or 20 times dies not matter What does matter is that the fact he was giving the guy back his gun hed left in his car changes the entire narrative from how jt started out. Initially it was reported , and people ran with this idea some kingpin kid gives another guy a gun and is in on the crime. When in fact it seems as if he was not aware of the guys intent. I think the kid that did the shooting is a complete scumbag and should get max penalty for his crime. Not only dud he take the life of a young mother he endsngered many others and almost hurt his friends also. Class A douche. Everyone else has to live with the consequences of their actions but outside if that does not look like anyone else broke the law...except, maybe the boyfriend if his hun was not legal. It will be an interesting case to follow.

what about the part that was said that miller blocked the pedson in so he couldn’t leave?
yall can keep defending pieces of $hit like him & Carter all you want, but the truth is they’re both massive pieces of $hit. If any of you thinks that both scumbags will change, your living in lala land. They’re acting this way now just because they’re college stars, wait til they get that money & become millionaires. They will think they are even more untouchable

Seems like all they have to do is find intent that Miller was bringing a gun, knowing it was going to be used for a crime. If they can find any messages or calls with something along the lines of “bring my heat, I’m about to ice this fool/chick,” that would be enough to do something. I don’t know enough about the law if this is true though. There is a reason they say nothing good happens after midnight, and this was clearly one of those situations.

what about the part that was said that miller blocked the pedson in so he couldn’t leave?
yall can keep defending pieces of $hit like him & Carter all you want, but the truth is they’re both massive pieces of $hit. If any of you thinks that both scumbags will change, your living in lala land. They’re acting this way now just because they’re college stars, wait til they get that money & become millionaires. They will think they are even more untouchable
it read to me that their cars blocked them not he blocked them with his car. 2 different things. I read the actual description of the account as he pulled in to bring the gun to his friend and was leaving when the shooting was going down. I think when it all goes down it will become more clear because if they'd actively blocked them in I'm not so sure the police would have stated they had no idea what to charge them with.

it read to me that their cars blocked them not he blocked them with his car. 2 different things. I read the actual description of the account as he pulled in to bring the gun to his friend and was leaving when the shooting was going down. I think when it all goes down it will become more clear because if they'd actively blocked them in I'm not so sure the police would have stated they had no idea what to charge them with.
It's always going to be worded this way until the truth comes out in court. Describes a Kill Zone. Guns on or near Campus in this day and age is a way to get thrown in Jail. What a bunch of Thugs. Any other team would have dismissed them but this is Alabama...Anybody on site gone. You don't have to commit a crime to be suspended or dismissed from school. to quote Oats Wrong Place Wrong Time And Wrong Actions taken. What an insensitive Prick.

Reactions: pimo1
It's always going to be worded this way until the truth comes out in court. Describes a Kill Zone. Guns on or near Campus in this day and age is a way to get thrown in Jail. What a bunch of Thugs. Any other team would have dismissed them but this is Alabama...Anybody on site gone. You don't have to commit a crime to be suspended or dismissed from school. to quote Oats Wrong Place Wrong Time And Wrong Actions taken. What an insensitive Prick.
As far as I can tell there were at least 2 confirmed thugs (the shooters) until further evidence comes out it's kinda hard to judge anyone else. Both of them were carrying heat near campus so that's kinda SUS. I dunno my feelings on carrying on near campus are sort of complex... but I think kids shouldn't be. Most people under 30 much less 25 are not stable enough to be carrying weapons on campus. Exhibit A above.

How Alabama players, woman's friends converged one fatal night in Tuscaloosa

Solid piece of reporting by ESPN. It answers a couple of my questions from my first post in the thread. Still leaves the big question: "Did Miller overhear the conversation as Miles handed the gun to Davis?"

Also does nothing to absolve the school of the gigantic cluster**** they made out of their public response to the entire incident.

How Alabama players, woman's friends converged one fatal night in Tuscaloosa

Solid piece of reporting by ESPN. It answers a couple of my questions from my first post in the thread. Still leaves the big question: "Did Miller overhear the conversation as Miles handed the gun to Davis?"

Also does nothing to absolve the school of the gigantic cluster**** they made out of their public response to the entire incident.
I thought it was interesting that the school said they didn't know anything about the text message when they made the decision on Miller. The article didn't comment their thoughts after they learned that piece of information. Obviously their decision didn't change.

Reactions: WillisWG
I thought it was interesting that the school said they didn't know anything about the text message when they made the decision on Miller. The article didn't comment their thoughts after they learned that piece of information. Obviously their decision didn't change.

Like I said, I don't think the text is super helpful to establishing Miller's role in the whole situation. I'm guessing the admin came to the same conclusion.

Last edited:
Coach Barnes just said in the post-game interview that our basketball players are forbidden by team policy to carry a gun (from the way he said it I had the sense that this is a long-standing policy, not a reaction to the murder in Tuscaloosa.).
Every now and again, you come across someone with some sense. So refreshing.

Coach Barnes just said in the post-game interview that our basketball players are forbidden by team policy to carry a gun (from the way he said it I had the sense that this is a long-standing policy, not a reaction to the murder in Tuscaloosa.).

WTF does Barnes think he is? He can’t set a policy like that.

WTF does Barnes think he is? He can’t set a policy like that.
That's not what he said. He said that University policy prohibits carrying of guns on campus. He didn't talk anything about off campus stuff

"The university has a code of conduct policy: no weapons allowed on the campus. As a team that is our rule too."

It was an artful dodge

Reactions: hog88
“[The] University [of Tennessee] has a Code of Conduct policy,” Barnes said on Thursday. “No weapons allowed on campus. But as a team, that is our rule, too, no one on the team. Two things (rules) that we have. One of them is that you can never, ever do anything domestically against a female. You can never carry a firearm as a team rule. But the university also has that policy in place.”

Head Coach Rick Barnes Addresses Gun Policy at Tennessee in Wake of Alabama Controversy | Rocky Top Insider

The shooting wasn't on campus.

Agreed on where the shooting occurred.

I seriously doubt that he didn’t cross one University property line while in possession of the gun but only GPS data would tell us that and we will never see that because he is a protected star.

Did anybody else hear Jimmy Dykes and Marty Smith shilling for Oats, Miller, the AD and this sham? I have never heard such pandering pablum in my life. It was sickening. Make no mistake here. Oats and that program care about nothing but winning and using Miller through this season. Hopefully the truth comes out at trial. Somebody is going to be under oath and it will be interesting to see what happens then.

Did anybody else hear Jimmy Dykes and Marty Smith shilling for Oats, Miller, the AD and this sham? I have never heard such pandering pablum in my life. It was sickening. Make no mistake here. Oats and that program care about nothing but winning and using Miller through this season. Hopefully the truth comes out at trial. Somebody is going to be under oath and it will be interesting to see what happens then.

Yes.

To be fair, Dykes has been slurping up any and all things SEC basketball related. Beginning to think he wants to make a run once Sankey retires.

Reactions: Delmar

VN Store

Back