Bailey looks composed but not ready for the moment just yet!

He looked more confident than anyone else we have at that position. Hard to be ready for a moment, when you don't know when it'll come. He was just thrown in when we were down. The commentators said Pruitt told them they had no idea what he was even capable of.

I don't see how you can justify playing any other QB over Bailey now. JG is a lame duck, and Maurer is a freaking deer in the headlights. I don't think he is ever the same again after last year. Shrout is in the doghouse and probably not ever coming out.

I think you have to just treat Harrison as a SEC QB1 and let him go. You have to see if he has what it takes. If he doesn't, you need to be making room for another QB in this cycle. I think he does, but bringing him in and handing it off repeatedly is not going to get it.

The arm talent is certainly there. The stuff between the ears is too. I just think you have to put your foot on the gas, and see what you have in your offense, and see what you lack. Our passing game has yet to be respected in any game this year. That needs to change.

I believe now that we will likely get toasted in every game, save Vandy, which we might win. But I want to see Harrison the rest of the way. He needs to be put in and developed as much as possible. Realistically, he could have 6 years in this program. Do something great with him, don't bury his talent.

That being said....Salter is looking pretty awesome too, if he sticks.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange
Roll with HB. This is a throw away season and everyone gets a free season.
1st team reps and practice and game time playing..
Be ready to ball out next season. That's what we should be playing for.

Chaney reportedly did tell Pruitt that he had a package for Bailey if needed so why not let him play? We're not letting JG do much of anything offensively right now so couldn't Bailey do at least what he's doing? Keep it simple and safe and let him adjust to the speed of the game. Maybe by the time we get to Vandy we'll be capable of actually passing the ball a little.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
What? Looked like he was driving it down field pretty quickly to me. Ball snapped, connected over the middle, then repeat 2 more times. Too bad they weren't doing it all frikin game. Arkansas couldn't stop it, but it was too little too late.

I will say, even though those were short intermediate passes, they were a thing of beauty. Perfect touch on the ball, perfectly executed, and "over the middle" something we never see. Sadly the most entertaining part of the game lol.
He looked good, but those were check down throws which AR was glad to let him have all day. It helped run the clock out for AR.

Stick with JG this season and next season giving HB 2 years to learn!

Bailey looked good considering the situation except for not being aware of the clock and needing two scores. Was too worried about not throwing the interception and killed the clock for AR.

He looked to have potential though. Need to play him and let him grow with real life game time experience.
He hasn’t been in a position to be successful. He handed the ball off 6 times before they allowed him to make his first throw on 4th and 4.

HB had more confidence, poise, and accuracy than any QB we have. That deep throw down the middle was a great showing of his arm talent. He needs to be the guy moving forward.
Was his accuracy hitting the goalposts?????

Roll with HB. This is a throw away season and everyone gets a free season.
1st team reps and practice and game time playing..
Be ready to ball out next season. That's what we should be playing for.
Gary Anderson didn’t get his free gift.

I have never seen a coach help his QB less then Pruitt....he doesn't do anything to prepare them...doesn't setup easy passes when they get a chance so they develop a rhythm...just pathetic

He looked like a kid that the coaches have no idea how to use. His first throw was a 4th and 3 to another freshmen who is basically a fast 6 foot stick. We didn't even go to our best wr in a huge moment. I thought he did as well as you could expect with our clueless coaching staff.

Bailey looked good considering the situation except for not being aware of the clock and needing two scores. Was too worried about not throwing the interception and killed the clock for AR.

He looked to have potential though. Need to play him and let him grow with real life game time experience.
He seemed relaxed, and in his element. He was elusively fast, avoiding defenders. But, he should've just thrown the ball away, a few times. He was in a no win situation. The corner 50/50 ball, was a last gasp. But, it was catchable, perfectly placed in the corner of the end zone. Unfortunately, it was anticipated, and three defenders were there. The WR"s were expectedly gassed, after running routes on 6 straight plays, with HB dumping down to the RB.

VN Store

Back