BAD OVER-THROW AND DROPS

Milerdvol

Over throwing a wide open player with no one between him and the Ga state line cost us 7 in the first half and dropping an easy pass right in your hands in stride with 20 yards open field on 4th down cost us another 7 points. Those 2plays cost us 14 points. Execute these 2 plays and we are right in this ball game. One more thing where did or linebackers go. I did not see them all night.

Over throwing a wide open player with no one between him and the Ga state line cost us 7 in the first half and dropping an easy pass right in your hands in stride with 20 yards open field on 4th down cost us another 7 points. Those 2plays cost us 14 points. Execute these 2 plays and we are right in this ball game. One more thing where did or linebackers go. I did not see them all night.
And make a FG.

The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
Are you talking about the wide open miss to Fant on the left sideline? If so, watch the play again. Hooker's arm got hit during the throw and caused him to release too high. The Wrs are a track team with no hands. They are leaving points all over the place too.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Are you talking about the wide open miss to Fant on the left sideline? If so, watch the play again. Hooker's arm got hit during the throw and caused him to release too high. The Wrs are a track team with no hands. They are leaving points all over the place too.

checks your nick

Milton, is that you?

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
speaking of FG's .....Why is it that no matter who we play or what division we play their FG kickers hit 40 plus yarders like chip shots.....But with our FG kicker's it seem's it's about 30-70 percent we make/miss from 40 yards plus.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJSVOLS
I saw Banks with yet ANOTHER 15 yard penalty.

speaking of FG's .....Why is it that no matter who we play or what division we play their FG kickers hit 40 plus yarders like chip shots.....But with our FG kicker's it seem's it's about 30-70 percent we make/miss one 40 yards plus.
Poor recruiting

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
yup pressure of the edge & right up the middle

The overthrows (regardless of QB) and drops have been an issue since Game 1 and they arent getting better. Offense just looks dysfunctional in general which is weird considering Heupels pedigree.

Also, the stupid dumba$$ penalties we saw under the Pruitt regime have yet to be fully addressed by this staff. Still an ongoing issue.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

Every team has something preventing them scoring. That's football.

Florida kept getting tripped up by the paint on the field or they coulda hung 50 on us.

Over throwing a wide open player with no one between him and the Ga state line cost us 7 in the first half and dropping an easy pass right in your hands in stride with 20 yards open field on 4th down cost us another 7 points....

Could be worse... Meanwhile, in PAC-12 action...

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Speaking of overthrows, I missed the last possession. Looking at the play by play, Milton had 5 incomplete passes. Can someone tell me how those looked? More overthrows/fastballs or drops?

Speaking of overthrows, I missed the last possession. Looking at the play by play, Milton had 5 incomplete passes. Can someone tell me how those looked? More overthrows/fastballs or drops?
Mostly overthrows. He did complete a shovel pass to the RB that gained good yardage. His overthrows are a part of his DNA. When will the staff catch on to that is who he is now and forever. Most of the overthrows were not even close.

Reactions: 508mikey and mpfvol
Mostly overthrows. He did complete a shovel pass to the RB that gained good yardage. His overthrows are a part of his DNA. When will the staff catch on to that is who he is now and forever. Most of the overthrows were not even close.
And missed a shovel pass.

VN Store

Back