'18 AZ WR Jamarye Joiner (AZ Transfer)

Interesting. Didn’t anticipate pursuing receivers as transfers
Velus and Hyatt are the only guys returning that have produced. Who knows what happens with Wideman and Calloway and Tillman and Kenton haven’t shown much. This guy looks to like he’d be a solid addition. Over 500yards and 5TD’s last year. Arizona was a mess this year so I’m not sure what to this if his numbers this year.

This makes perfect sense because Mosely and Taylor will most likely not be signing with us in February. We want guys with experience

With Palmer and Brandon Johnson gone and Keyton up in the air it begins to make more sense.

We definitely need to go after a transfer WR,...just not sure it's this guy.

Reactions: Vol8188
I'm just curious why his stats fell so much this year. Obviously they played fewer games, but his per-game averages plunged; 46 yards per game in 2019, 22 ypg in 2020. Don't follow Arizona football enough to know if there's a good reason for that.

I'm just curious why his stats fell so much this year. Obviously they played fewer games, but his per-game averages plunged; 46 yards per game in 2019, 22 ypg in 2020. Don't follow Arizona football enough to know if there's a good reason for that.

His drop in productivity could've been due to lingering effects from foot surgery in May:

In October, Joiner revealed he most likely played the 2019 season with a fractured foot which he thought was discomfort from his cleats. Joiner missed Arizona's brief spring practice period after it was discovered the pain in his foot was a Jones fracture — breakage at the base of the fifth metatarsal. “I couldn’t move my toes for three months,” Joiner said then.
Arizona Wildcats receiver Jamarye Joiner says he's leaving football program

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
This kid is a heady, shifty ball player and creates separation well. He is just recognizing arizona has only won 4 games the last 2 years and you can't show out if you don't have a chance. Would be a quality add and happy to have talented guys, but i feel other positions are more important this cycle. DBs, DL, OL, QB should be top of the list.

Is Deangelo Gibbs gonna play for us ? Or he will just leave after chilling with our scholarship for one year ?
*Two years*

Iirc Rivals sounded skeptical he'd ever play here. Who knows. Not sure if he'd even make an impact. Word was he was getting behind the freshmen last offseason.

Reactions: volmandu
Gibbs hasn't played football in two seasons, would be shocked if we ever seem him take a snap for UT

Reactions: volmandu
Velus and Hyatt are the only guys returning that have produced. Who knows what happens with Wideman and Calloway and Tillman and Kenton haven’t shown much. This guy looks to like he’d be a solid addition. Over 500yards and 5TD’s last year. Arizona was a mess this year so I’m not sure what to this if his numbers this year.
Arizona was god awful this year - don’t put any faith in this years #s

I like it. Outside of 2020, our WR recruiting has been nearly as bad as our DB recruiting. Look at Bama and 2020 LSU. WR is one of the most important positions in today’s game.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back