‘23 AZ WR Ja’Kobi Lane

Agree relationships
are important, but if relationships are on par between tOSU & TN and if tOSU offers 3m & we offer nothing, where do you think that player is going?

I agree with you but you are using a very extreme example. Take the Tate situation. AP laid it all out. We lost Tate because of Kodi Burns leaving and his king standing relationship with Hartline and the staff at OSU. Of course if OSU offered 3 million and we offered zero the player is gonna pick OSU.

But say we offered 3 million with barely any relationships and OSU offered 2.5 million but had great long standing relationships? That player likely picks OSU. Relationships still really matter. Nico has a great relationship with our staff. You think he hasn’t gotten big time NIL offers from other schools?

Relationships are still the most important to 8,9 out of ten of them. If Nico didn't like Heupel, no amount of money would have been enough, period

With that said, NIL has to be on point, as well.

Both are huge, but relationships are still the overall key...wins and losses and championships still right up there with them both.

Agreed. NIL is definitely a HUGE factor in recruiting.

Reactions: SugarCC
I agree with you but you are using a very extreme example. Take the Tate situation. AP laid it all out. We lost Tate because of Kodi Burns leaving and his king standing relationship with Hartline and the staff at OSU. Of course if OSU offered 3 million and we offered zero the player is gonna pick OSU.

But say we offered 3 million with barely any relationships and OSU offered 2.5 million but had great long standing relationships? That player likely picks OSU. Relationships still really matter. Nico has a great relationship with our staff. You think he hasn’t gotten big time NIL offers from other schools?
Agree relationships are important. If tOSU was recruiting me for 3 years & TN just started recruiting me just 6 months ago would pick tOSU. 500k would not be enough to change my decision. But you bring up a good point.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Agree relationships are important. If tOSU was recruiting me for 3 years & TN just started recruiting me just 6 months ago would pick tOSU. 500k would not be enough to change my decision. But you bring up a good point.
I use tOSU as an example because I hate them. When TN wins & tOSU, Mich, PN St & ND lose, it’s a good Saturday.

You realize defcon 5 is the good one right? World peace.

VN Store

Back